• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track speed issues on 08 turbo nytro

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 yamaha nytro fx 40th anniversary edition
Hey everybody. I bought this sled not too long ago and i am feeling like something is off with the sled. It is a 08 nytro mtx 40th edition, timbersled slid with stock rails extended to 162 with a powerclaw 2.25. I dont know drivers or tooth count or anything. Its got a mpi turbo running about 6 to 8 lbs of boost. Today in all the fresh powder we just got i was playing around and the machine felt just kinda weak.
I was getting my boost and she was trying to rev hard but i was not getting any real track speed until id been on the throttle for more than 5 or 10 seconds. The track speed i would get varied from 50mph to 60mph if i had a long straight to push it a long time. My rpms at 60mph track speed are about 8800.
Is this normal for a sled like this or can you guys point me to maybe where i should start my search and figure out whats going on? Im relying on you guys because i am still very new to the 4 stroke world.
Im also looking at doing rails and a skid this summer to a 174 track. So that might change things regarding clutching and such but that will be a topic for later.

Attachments

• IMG-20230223-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20230223-WA0003.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-20230223-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20230223-WA0001.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 50

have you checked your clamps for boost leak?

I have not. I will try to get it in tomorrow to check it what other things should i check while i have it in the shop and apart atleast a little?

check the exhaust as well as if it has a leak, it will not build boost as well. pipes and elbows on the cold and hot side are known to break with age.

Alright i will start there and keep the updates coming.

Back