• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 Phazer RTX suspension set up

shockwave

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Phazer RTX
Hi,

I just purchased a used RTX. It was previously owned by a women. It is obviously that I will have to change the set up has I weight 220lbs. Where should I start?

Currently I added air to the float at 95 psi and I added some preload to the front shock of the skid.

I am also thinking of getting a a Fox Float to replace the front skid shock. Should I or not?

I would leave the front skid shock alone or just set it so that the spring turns stiff by hand. that is how mine is set and I weigh 250lbs. set the rear torsions on middle setting or so that you are in the middle of the 2 limting blocks on the rear with you sitting on the sled.

I run gytr's on the front as my fox floats where toast and I run them so that the front a arms are almost parallel to the ground with no one on the sled.

I would start there and play with the rear shock clicker to get it to ride how you like. with a fresh service on the rear shock on mine, it rode really stiff and took almost a full season on full soft to start moving how it did when worn out. I think it is an rtx thing the stiff shocks.

I would leave the front skid shock alone or just set it so that the spring turns stiff by hand. that is how mine is set and I weigh 250lbs. set the rear torsions on middle setting or so that you are in the middle of the 2 limting blocks on the rear with you sitting on the sled.

I run gytr's on the front as my fox floats where toast and I run them so that the front a arms are almost parallel to the ground with no one on the sled.

I would start there and play with the rear shock clicker to get it to ride how you like. with a fresh service on the rear shock on mine, it rode really stiff and took almost a full season on full soft to start moving how it did when worn out. I think it is an rtx thing the stiff shocks.

Thanks for your recommendation.

I think that I have a problem. Like I said, my front shock skid is really tight. The rear torsion bar are set at the stiffest. If I push down on the rear bumper. I can easily touch the rear limiting block and the suspension does not come back unless I lift it. It will stay on the back block. If I lift it's the it touch the front block it will saddle in the middle of the two block when I put it back on the ground. What could it be? The rear shock clicker shock is blown?

I think you need to pull the skid and send out the shocks for service as it sounds like at least the rear is toast. how many km on it? the rear on mine was out of nitrogen at 13000km. rant till 15000km and then had shock tec in southern Ontario service all 4 shocks for me. odds are there is someone local to you that can do them. there is a local guy but when I suspect I will need parts I send them to shock tec.

OK you confirm what I was thinking. I am at 10,000 km. Time to send the shock to Star Suspension. That place is specialized to calibrate Yamaha Snowmobile. I heard that they do great work.

Thanks again Maim.

that should fix the problem. make sure they inspect the aluminum link that the shocks bolt to as the pivot bushings/bearings do fail. mine was toast when i got it and i suspect that it had already been replaced once. i now pull it annually and pack the bearings in it.

Back