• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1.75 back country track

Allan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Sr Viper XTX
I was thinking about putting the 1.75 back country track on my stx dx 146.
What do you think about the 1.75 back country track for on trail and off?

mines a 129 but i was trying to decide and i didnt like all the lugs ripping off it seems with camso 1.75 tracks.....so i went with composit 1.77 for on and off trail and this track is unreal...so awesome, flexible but wears great. No issues all last season with it and it hooks up on trail better then the stock ripsaw by far and off trail is amazing...me and my buddy both run this track and i highly suggest it

mines a 129 but i was trying to decide and i didnt like all the lugs ripping off it seems with camso 1.75 tracks.....so i went with composit 1.77 for on and off trail and this track is unreal...so awesome, flexible but wears great. No issues all last season with it and it hooks up on trail better then the stock ripsaw by far and off trail is amazing...me and my buddy both run this track and i highly suggest it
Are you talking about the TALON tracks ?

A 1.75 is about the limit for lug height as far as trail riding goes, i had this track in a 144 in my 13 nytro xtx, i gotta say it was better on trail than off , hooked up really good on trail but off it would just trench down to the dirt, i would think it would do better in the viper but i dont know, i would suggest the 1.6 ice cobra in 146", i have this track in my 15 viper ltx dx right now in a 137 and absolutely love it for on/ off trail, great on trail, good lug height,molded in studs for extra traction on ice , moves lots of snow off trail without trenching.

A 1.75 is about the limit for lug height as far as trail riding goes, i had this track in a 144 in my 13 nytro xtx, i gotta say it was better on trail than off , hooked up really good on trail but off it would just trench down to the dirt, i would think it would do better in the viper but i dont know, i would suggest the 1.6 ice cobra in 146", i have this track in my 15 viper ltx dx right now in a 137 and absolutely love it for on/ off trail, great on trail, good lug height,molded in studs for extra traction on ice , moves lots of snow off trail without trenching.

I was just think about the 1.6 ice cobra track , may this might be a better track for my sled.

Im actually in the process of converting my ltx 137 to a 146 using a 141 xtx skid with bigger rear wheels and the 9 tooth 2.86 pitch drivers should take up the slack of the longer 146 track, was considering a 1.75 bc in 146 also but i didn't want a track that would trench and i know i would have missed the studs the firts time id pull up to gas pump or running that river or creek.

Last edited:
Maybe what I should of asked was what is the best cross over track? I do about 70% trail and 30% off.
Right now my sled has a 15 x 146 x 1.25 pitch ripsaw 2.86 pitch, great on trail but not so much off trail.
I was thinking about the:
1.6- cobra
1.6 -ice cobra
1.75 -back country
1.5 - 38 Talon

Last edited:
Maybe what I should of asked was what is the best cross over track? I do about 70% trail and 30% off.
Right now my sled has a 15 x 146 x 1.25 pitch ripsaw 2.86 pitch, great on trail but not so much off trail.
I was thinking about the:
1.6- cobra
1.6 -ice cobra
1.75 -back country
1.5 - 38 Talon

I have the 1.6 cobra stock on my stx 137. I find it pretty decent on or off the trail (I do however run mostly trails but have gotten into some pretty deep stuff here and there especially on the lakes). On the trail I do have to run the scratchers quite a bit more often than my wife with the 1.25 ripsaw on her Renegade to keep things cool.

the talon 45 is not in production now i ran into the same thing so i am going with the backcountry x2 to replace my beat up sno-x

1.6 ice is nice. Have one on a shorty (120) last couple years. It works.
Very good grip on trail in both braking and accelerating. And more confidence in the powder.

I hate debating tracks. Cause someone knows someone who didn't like this or my friend has one that's better.

1.6 ice is a good basic prestudded track that does alot.

Back