• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

10 dollar, 10 minute track stand!

jimmyhighway

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
13 Skidoo Freeride 137
11 Yamaha Nypex MCX
Thought there might be a few penny pinchers on here looking for a track stand solution. No interference with snow flap. This is made from a scrap 8ft 4x4. $10 dollars max. for materials, 10 minutes to make cuts and assemble. I don't want to hear any $10K sled to cheap to buy a stand comments. The money is in the sled where it should be.

Attachments

• IMG00611.jpg
    IMG00611.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG00610.jpg
    IMG00610.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG00614.jpg
    IMG00614.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 122

thats a good idea when i make mine i am going to screw on some cup holders to keep my beers firmly secured my days i setting beers on the seat well working on my sled and them falling off are solved and finding 2x4s to hold up my sled are over :Rockon:

Good idea, care to share dimensions and angles of cuts? Sure would save me some time! Thanks

stand

Dimensions are in the pic below. The base is 1/2" plywood but 3/4" would be even better. All angles are 30 degrees hence the triangulation.

Attachments

• trackstanddimensions copy.jpg
    trackstanddimensions copy.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 117
Let me know how it works out guys. So far the stand is suprisingly solid. I think 3/4" ply base would make it even better. I use it to service the sled although this is probably not recommended.

Back