• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

12 ft Mission Enclosed Trailers pro & con on it

What model are you looking at? A tilt clamshell type or the drive on/back off with the rear ramp? My buddy has the second one I mentioned and it's a nice trailer, well built.

I have had a clamshell for a few years, and I'm going to go w/ an in-line at some point this year. Clam shells will inhibit your line-of-sight when driving, making you aware what's coming up on you a bit burdensome, unless you have extended mirrors. Clam shells are easier to turn around w/o a vehicle attached. In-lines are easier to tow w/, I've been told, especially in high winds. Can usually see behind an inline, unless you have a deck-over double wide. Loads are more stable in the non-clamshells. I'm sure others have their own opinons on this matter. Personally believe that in-lines will last a lot longer, as I've seen a issues on clam-shells, w/ the clam shells cracking/tearing. Clamshells are usually very light and there is a lot of bouncing w/ the trailers over even the littlest of bumps. Just my $.02

You are right sorenson1610 I did mean the qestion to read trailer not sled. I guess we all have that in the back of our minds. :letsnow:
Thanks for the catch!

I HAVE A 12FT ALUM SNOW PRO. VISIBILITY BEHIND YOU IS NON EXISTENT. NEED TO GET MIRROR EXTENSIONS. DOES PUSH A LOT OF WIND. BUT OTHER THAN THOSE 2 ISSUES GREAT WITH LOTS OF ROOM FOR BAGS AND GEAR. STORE ATV'S IN IT AT COTTAGE AS WELL IN SUMMER

Back