• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Viking Professional Electrical Problem

Roadstar Apex

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex xtx, 2013 Viking pro, 2013 Venture TF, 2004 Roadstar
I was riding and had the display flashed code 46. After a while the machine quit. Acted like the key was off. Went back with a fresh battery and a regulator-rectifier and changed out on the trail but still nothing. The negative cable on the battery was loose. Towed machine home. Checked the fuses and found the 15 amp for the ignition circuit was blown. The battery I removed had a full charge on it. Put new fuse in and it blows as soon as the key is turned. Metered out the stator and the rectifier, seem to be in spec. removed the igniter and changed out the ignition circuit fuse again and now the machine will turn over with the key and not blow the fuse. Sounds like there is an internal short to ground inside the igniter box shorting the ignition circuit. Could this be possible? Any way to test? I was going to bench test the igniter by putting 12 volts to it with a fuse in the positive feed and see if it blows the fuse. I think the loose ground caused the problems with a possible voltage spike. I don't mind replacing the igniter if that corrects the issue, just don't want to have the new one go out because of an underlying issue.

Code 46 is power to the fuel injection relay not normal.

OK. Thanks weird because the machine is carbureted. Does anyone have a schematic wiring diagram for this machine?

nope, 2016 is when the vk went fuel injected according to the specs.

Back