• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136" kit 06 Apex Gt Proper susp. setup? Ideas?

JODY

Veteran
I've installed a 136" extension kit on my 2006 Apex GT using a 1.5" Ripsaw track. Just wondering what, if any other adjustments I should do when installing the kit? for example should I lenghten the limiter straps up front, my sit in adjust should stay between 40-45 mm correct. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jody

I too would like know, I plan on extending my 06 GT to 128 or 136 and adding the hygear spring. It has been suggested to me that extending the the 121 will affect the suspension and handling in a bad way, anybody confirm this?

I extended my 06 GT to 128" with the Tracks USA Exts., Ripsaw 1.25 and added a fat boy spring. The rear suspension did not seem to change much, a little stiffer with the spring. It did push more in the corners. I adjusted the limiter strap to the second to last hole position and now its perfect for me. I have dual carbides in the front. It now steers easy with no pushing and zero darting. Very happy with the sled and setup.

MSATOW
did you remove your tunnel protectors to have clearance for the 1.5" ripsaw or the track fits ok or what did you have to do? When you say you moved your limiter strap i would guess you lengthened it to the second last factory holes ( second longest strap holes )

Any more feedback would be great

THANKS JODY

1.5 will fit with no problem. My bad, I have a 1.25 ripsaw. They didnt make a 1.5 in a 128" track. I shortened the limiter strap ( second shortest strap holes )

Back