• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136 vs 121

Yama 1000

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper LTX DX
I'm interested in installing a 136 track on my rtx. I wanted to know what other people that have done it. What's the best track , tunnel and rail extension to go with. Also how many studs are you running. Any info would be great.

Yama 1000 said:
I'm interested in installing a 136 track on my rtx. I wanted to know what other people that have done it. What's the best track , tunnel and rail extension to go with. Also how many studs are you running. Any info would be great.

OFT ext and a track to suit your riding style, I went with the 1.25" ripsaw again and wonder if the 1.375" Cobra might have worked better. PM me if you need any other info.

I went out to 136 on my old rtx SE. I was very happy with it. I didn't really notice any 'bad' effects of the extra length. Just more traction, and enough room on the tunnel for a tunnel bag.

I used Tracksusa.com rail and tunnel extensions, and I'm happy with them. OFT sounds to be extremely good as well. I went with the Cobra track, and its really the only option right now besides the Ripsaw if you want to run studs. If you could find a 1.25" Predator I would recommend that track, but good luck finding one. I ran 144 studs.

nytrowheels.jpg

studs.jpg

Tunnelextension.jpg

sleddingfarmer said:
I went out to 136 on my old rtx SE. I was very happy with it. I didn't really notice any 'bad' effects of the extra length. Just more traction, and enough room on the tunnel for a tunnel bag.

I used Tracksusa.com rail and tunnel extensions, and I'm happy with them. OFT sounds to be extremely good as well. I went with the Cobra track, and its really the only option right now besides the Ripsaw if you want to run studs. If you could find a 1.25" Predator I would recommend that track, but good luck finding one. I ran 144 studs.

X2! I don't know why they stopped making the Predator, it's a MUCH better track than the Ripsaw, which, IMO, is useless for anything other than groomed trails, and not very durable.

I also did the OFT136 extension kits as it is the best IMHO of ANY extension out there. I went with an arctic cat SILENT SERIES 136" ripsaw with the 8" big wheel kit and i love it so far, I have only got about 10 miles on this year as we havent had any snow!

Is there any advantage of 136 track for trail only riding? I was thinking about the change from 121 but I'm not sure if there is any upside.

NFLD-Nytro, ripsaw not very durable? best ive seen in that department! ive seen predators and cobras that wear very bad in low miles

krysFly said:
Is there any advantage of 136 track for trail only riding? I was thinking about the change from 121 but I'm not sure if there is any upside.

It will bridge the bumps better.

shaddow44 said:
krysFly said:

It will bridge the bumps better.

Not only that but it also offer additional traction as you have more "LUGS" in contact at any time.

Im not sure about the others but OFT's are tip up rails as well :Rockon:

krysFly said:
i think the 136 makes the shorties ride better,and if you are trail riding and you want to do some boondocking at least you have a pretty good chance of getting back on the trail i went with the 136 from oft it's got a tipped up rail.it seems to be a pretty solid kit,the only thing i would add is a wheel kit at the bend of the tipp up.

Like most of the guy here I went with OFT 136 and an Intense 1.5 track. This is one huge improvement for me. You will not retreat it.

Thanks, I guess that's my next off season project. What is the best track for trail only?

Back