• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

159 with 3" setback Q's

panorama

I got a hold of a 15X159X2 2.52 pitch track for an amazing great deal -- so I am putting it on my phazer MTN -- 3" setback & rail extensions. I am cutting my track down to 14.25 today!

I was wondering -- how many of you put antistab kits on your setback phazers? -- is that necessary?

Also -- do you think it would be worth me getting some extrovert drivers while I am in there? Would I ever even have a ratcheting problem with the bigger track verses only 500cc?

Thanks!

I can't speak to the anti-stab kit, but I am running a 16x159x2 on my 07 Venture Lite (all Phazer drive train, including engine to drive sprockets) and have not had any ratcheting problems in several thousand kilometers.

Picture of cutting my track -- was able to cut it easily this way without help from another person.

Attachments

• IMG_0056 (2).jpg
    IMG_0056 (2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 98
I just moved the skid back for now until i got my new rails in, will post a pic when i get them installed.

what sled did the track come off of? also u mentioned you put in rail extentions and later posted your were going to put in new rails, is there a reason why you are not just sticking to the extentions? I am wanting to put a 154-159 on my phazer and I am thinking about boosting it. Does anyone know of a good anti racheting kit for the phazer?

fatboysmith1 said:
what sled did the track come off of? also u mentioned you put in rail extentions and later posted your were going to put in new rails, is there a reason why you are not just sticking to the extentions? I am wanting to put a 154-159 on my phazer and I am thinking about boosting it. Does anyone know of a good anti racheting kit for the phazer?

two different posters -- that's why the difference.

My 159 has a 3" setback with 4" extensions. I decided not to put extrovert drivers on mine - it is not boosted. I have the track loose -- about 1 3/8" slack with no weight - no ratcheting problems on the few runs I have taken on it so far. I ran it in 12" of new powder the other day --up some steep stuff as well -- way better than the old 144 Maverick!

phazerboost said:
How is the clearance at the back of the tunnel/snow flap cause I'm going to put a 162 under mine and want to know if I should start preparing for tunnel/ bumper mods.

I just took the snow flap off on mine -- if you want to keep it you may need to do some mods. Otherwise clearance was okay.

Back