• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2-cylinder 2-stroke in Phazer R-TX

EVOVIISWE

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Non @ the moment
I have this thing for crazy builds, I have a few under my belt and one ongoing. For example I put an 800 e-tec in a Seadoo Spark, a Z06 427 V8 in a Mazda Miata, and currently a BMW K1600 in a custom R1250R look-alike build :) I have also had a few sleds, two SRX700's and an SX Viper 700.

But it would be fun with a sled build, I have always liked the Phazer R-TX concept, small, compact and light weight, but I would like some more power. Beeing a huge 2-stroke fan I've seen that old Yamaha red top conversion, but was thinking that a more modern 2-cylinder 800 or 850 from Skidoo or Polaris might be the way to go, should be far more compact and easy to fit than a 3-cylinder at least.

So, any comments about this idea? Everything is doable, it's just a matter of how much money and time you want to spend. But I would like to have a fair chance to succeed with the build, and rate the feasibility in theory before starting off ;).

I would think the Phazer chassis is heavier than what that 800 or 850 engine is coming out of.
If you want to do something that would garner a lot of attention, put an Apex engine in the Cat chassis.

I would think the Phazer chassis is heavier than what that 800 or 850 engine is coming out of.
If you want to do something that would garner a lot of attention, put an Apex engine in the Cat chassis.

You are correct, I'm not up to date with the latest models apparently, an R-TX is around 490lbs dry, a modern MXZ or XCR is less than that at around 465.

The phazer engine and skid are the heavy parts. I think what you are doing would be cool and lighter for sure.

Back