• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

From 4-stroke to 2-stroke.. And back!

Norse

Pro
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2013 Arctic Cat M1100 HCR 162"
Boondocker turbo 250HP(sold)

2016 Yamaha SR Viper MTX LE 162"
MCXpress 270HP, lots of mods (sold)

2021 Arctic Cat M8000 Hardcore Alpha 155"
N/A (sold)

2023 Yamaha SW MTX LE 153"
M&M Racing 270HP, mods to come
I put my Viper up for sale last month, and got little to no response. It had 7200kms and a lot of mods.
I wanted to either upgrade to a Sidewinder or pay down some dept and get a SW next season.
Then one guy wanted to trade a '21 Alpha, basically brand new. I hadn't tested a 2-stroke in the steep and deep before, so I took the deal.

First impressions, positive:
It's light and narrow, the weight distribution is great, response very snappy. 170lb me can throw this around for days without getting tired. Love the handlebars and controls.

Negative:
Oil over here can cost $80/gl at gas stations (half if you order a bunch), so during break-in you'll need a loan :dunno: It's quite tippy, so not good at all for trail riding. It slides around when doing donuts and sidehilling. The Team clutches are not good at shifting, can sometimes hang on going downhill till RPMs hit redline. Also, with this clutching, you get all power at slight throttle, and then nothing more. I miss the torque that can propel you like a rocketship in the deepest snow.

Bottom line is I made a mistake, and will be trading the Alpha for a SW when there is a good deal :) There is nothing like a turbo 4-stroke!
Adding this pic from last season with its final mods.

Attachments

• viper.jpg
    viper.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

Finally made the swap!
'23 SW MT-X LE 153.
270hp, shorty, +protection here and there from the shop. What a beauty.

IMG_20221228_43747_edit_6838765766663.jpg

Back