• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

20,000km Club

I have 7200 miles on my nytro but where we ride (backcountry/mountains) 50 miles is a ton so i would say she is doing pretty good,all my 2 smokers would have had 2 engine rebuilds by now

My Nytro has over 17,000 kms on it. Hope to see 18,000 before the end of the winter.

I don't expect I'll ever see that showing on the clock of my Arctic Cat.

I'll pass 10,000 miles (16,000 km) this weekend on my '09 XTX, riding exclusively on the rough torn up trails of Tug Hill, NY. Not many sleds can take that kind of abuse! And I've had no major issues, just 1 bearing gone bad at 107 mph and 1 bogey wheel lost, both after 9,000 miles. The Doo and Cat guys I ride with are going into their 3rd new sleds in the time I've owned my Nytro!

i just hit 10k on mine....THE MOST AMAZING OFF ROAD WINTER TOW TRUCK, its aways the one towing the broken one's out!

Glad to hear good things about the nytro. It's going to be my next sled, love it. I have 14650miles on my rx1 and want to hit 15000 by the end of the season.

Jeez and I thought 4100 km on my '09 was getting up there in mileage. So whats the trick in keeping these Yammi's running that long? I'm still a pretty green rookie when it comes to this hobby.

sergiomomesso said:
Jeez and I thought 4100 km on my '09 was getting up there in mileage. So whats the trick in keeping these Yammi's running that long? I'm still a pretty green rookie when it comes to this hobby.

nuthin' really. Dunno about the nytros, but the Apex its just oilite bushins, copper exhaust donuts, and a driveshaft around 10K. Other than that, just making sure ytou change the oil and grease the bearings

DigitalFusion said:
sergiomomesso said:

nuthin' really. Dunno about the nytros, but the Apex its just oilite bushins, copper exhaust donuts, and a driveshaft around 10K. Other than that, just making sure ytou change the oil and grease the bearings

Yep, I did all skid bearings and cleaned clutches and jack shafts bearings this fall at 15000 km. My studded track was still good but I wanted to change from the ripsaw to the Cobra.

Impressive mileage for sure! On a side note, how wouldl you describe the change from the RX to Nytro?
Its time to replace my RX and I like the looks of the Nytro XTX, can you stay warm enough on it?
Andy

I wanted to change from cruiser to more boon docking style ride. My first year on the Nytro was okay but wanted to improve it. So I did the Star Suspension, shock revalve and OFT relocate. Along with the split rails skis made it handle the way its hould have. I installed the high windshield the first year. I also have a bad hip so I stand for most of all my riding. On fast trails up north in -30C to -40C I do sit down behind the windshield on the fast straight aways. When you stand you catch alot of wind, but one extra layer and a good suit like Klim and away you go. You tend to ride the Nytro aggressively so I enjoy catching the extra breeze when standing to keep me cool.

Back