• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

200 km on still beat by 2003 F7

buster

Just wondering how many warriors are getting beat by the F7 I got cleaned up in mid range by 5 lenghts in 1/4 mile. Now he was studded.
I raced a 2004 xc800 studd :( ed and beat him by 5 lengths same conditions 5" of snow in hay feild. My 2003 RX-1 short could beat the same F7 on the lake last year in top end. This year he keeps pulling away from me.

The big question is what did the guy do to the F-7???

What RPMS are you pulling??? try tightening the secondary helix 10%

welterracer said:
The big question is what did the guy do to the F-7???

What RPMS are you pulling??? try tightening the secondary helix 10%

I am pulling 9 to 99 rpms after I get out of the hole and 200' It don't seam to want to pick up speed but it is reving 9900 rpms
The F-7 has 144 studs that is all it has.

you see that is not the big ? as there is not much you can do to a f7 ..
i have tried everything on a f7 and you cant get better then just a heavy hitters and cam and studs.. but dont need them
i have tired pipes and also a single pipe and also a reprogram box .
those boxes are only good on grass or asphalt they dont help us much on a drag on snow..
also we can put bulls eyes in to feed more air to air box...

i have a 2003 snow pro with a 1.3/8 track stock and a CPR SET UP in the clutches and let me tell you there is not rx1 that will beat it as of yet . the only thing a rx1 will need to pass a f7 in less then a 1000 feet is a turbo .

since my rx1 is not ready to run yet for muni ride i will have my old f7 there and a viper and a mxz440x with me .. it will take a good rx1 to beat a rev440x snowcross racer in 660 feet ...
if you all know anything about pure race sleds you all know you cant just walk in and buy a rev440x race sled .
i will have one there ready to go . if my brother is not racing that weekend ..

it will be a very fun weekend .. i know 2 of us will be on f7 ;) i cant tell you the other guys but we all know him well ;)

what rpms is it pulling from 600 feet on??

Sketr had the same problem... then he tightened the secondary 20% and it alone made a huge difference!!

Thats where i would start!!

I seen a well setup polaris 600 that was taking the 800s and F-7s in 600 feet in Eagle river.... THE POLARIS WAS WELL SET UP... Alot more weight transfer...

He gave the F-7 a jump off the line... and still beat it..

i saw a Thunder cat with pipes that gave everyone a jump off the line and still Blew them away!!

well i cant waite to see all you guys at muni ..

hate like hell to come back here and post you all got wiped by a 440 or a f7 or a viper ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

but im not racing topend with a 440 its not a topend sled its ahole shoot sled and i all ready know it will get beat by a box stock rx1 over 1000 feet .
been there done it ...

welterracer said:

Sketr had the same problem... then he tightened the secondary 20% and it alone made a huge difference!!

Thanks I will do that!

Buster,
I would be very surprised to hear that a Warrior can run top end with an RX-1, the warrior's longer track should hamper top end !! :roll:

Motorhead said:
Buster,
I would be very surprised to hear that a Warrior can run top end with an RX-1, the warrior's longer track should hamper top end !! :roll:

This sled is starting to suck! I thought that the warrior, would be a big difference form the RX-1 short. Not true. "Any one want this heavy thing"?
I am going to the cat F7 today. Light and fast. If no one wants the warrior,I will give it to my wife because it really is turning out to be a womens sled. Why can't Yamaha make this warrior go faster????

welterracer said:

Hey welterracer, do you know how to do this? and what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Its kind of hard to explain over the computer but.. You have to get those RPMs up higher.. Should go 9800-10,000 out of the hole and when you get past 600 feet should clime to 10,200 and stay there...

adding more twist to the secondary make the rpms have to climb more before the secondary will open all the way... MORE MAINTAINCE RPMS..

on mine its, #2 on the clutch end of the helix and #6 on the Helix end of the helix 6+2= 8 or 80% twist..

Take the 3 nuts off of the helix and keep note as to where the end of the spring is (which hole) and also the other end of the secondary spring which goes into a hole on the clutch !! Add the two numbers and this is the percentage of twist it has... If it is 70% move the helix to add 20% more twist..

When re installilng it you will have to twist the helix and the spring ,, Clock wise to get it back together!!!

Hope this is getting threw to you and makes sense.. Let me know :D

Its a good thing not all tuners are as good as srxXTREME or we would all be in trouble!! :D

Thanks for the info welter :D I'll have to give it a shot!
Hey Buster, maybe your Warrior is a pig!
I just got back from Canada with mine and its bone stock and on the lake at Le Cabanon with 300 miles on my Warrior;(This run is a 1/4 mile)
Beat a Mach Z, an 03RX-1, and I ran even with a Rev 800 HO and I saved so much on fuel that day that I got a free lunch and I didn't smell like two stroke smoke :roll:
Now if just changing the secondary clutch by 20% will improve aceleration that didn't cost anything either 8)

Back