• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

200 km on still beat by 2003 F7

Buster I changed my secondary spring to white / blue (black) on the stock M10 warrior.

It pulls 9800 after a few yards and slowly rises to 10200.

Clutched warrior pulls 10000 after a few yards and slowly rises to 10200 and slower to 10500.

I have raced 6 or 7 F7's with the M10 warrior and got beat by 2. I raced those 2 with my clutched warrior and beat both of them.

I raced at least that many shortys with the M10 warrior and beat them all. They are not even close out of the hole. The 11/4 track shorties are faster out of the hole than the stock track but still a few lenghts behind the warrior at the end. I feel the rotational energy needed to turn a 136 with about 80 studs is less than a 121 with 150 to 196 studs. The 136 bites fantasticly out of the hole.

When the puppies see an old guy like me riding a warrior they think they have a pegion or mark to race and beat so that they can pump their ego. Disapointed more than one. :wink:

welterracer said:
When re installilng it you will have to twist the helix and the spring ,, Clock wise to get it back together!!!

Its a good thing not all tuners are as good as srxXTREME or we would all be in trouble!! :D

brian how about bring the cash . put your momey were your yap is!!!!
come to muni and we will see , .... :) hows that for bacon and eggs.
:roll:

Remember my sleds are well broke in and some what dialled in. Most guys you see out there now and want to race have new sleds and generally are box stock or not dialled in as yet.

I feel one exception to this rule would be guys that had the sled the previous year or a very simular sled the year before.

I was talking to two 50's guys with box stock Cat 900's with lots of studs and about 300 miles on them. We played and my clutched warrior came in second in the three sled race. First to third was 4 lenghts. I think that in a longer run I could of beat the other one.

In summary I feel that a well broke in warrior with a clutch kit will hold its own against simular set up machines.

your right sketer . yes you are. but if we are going to compare stock to stock then its a different sotry

like welter hes got all that mod stuff he better hope he beats a f7 or a f6 or a rev 600 ho or i think it will look pretty stupide that a rx1 with all that stuff done . can beat a stock f7 with ajust a clutch kit.

just dont co,e talking like you will smoke everything when 90% of you dont even have enoff snow to even test it to see if your going back wards or forward......

just casue sketer or bby or jts or my self or others on here test all the time and have found good set ups . it might not even work for you .
anybody can sell you somthing and say it will work . but its when you have it is when you know it dose work ..

im lucky to have the sleds i have to test up against if i did not i would be in the same boat as most of you . that is why i atleast buy one sled every year that is faster then most so i can tune my srx or vipers or rx1 too ..

as you all know i race more then a trail ride. this ride im going on in muni will be the 1`st ride i do in 3 years and i bet it will be the one that i ever put so much milage on in 5 years. most of my sleds only see 1500kms a year and that is 90% drags . i put 150 kms on my rx1 this summer just asphalt from the day it was new . i never got to ride it on snow i put a asphalt track on it still had the palstic on the windshild lol.
\
so what im trying to say is it always looks better on papper then real life test and race or what ever. you can have all the hp in the motor and you still have to put it to ground ;)

I never said it would beat every sled out there....(YOU ASSUMED IT)..Most of the People i know only own 600cc sleds 800cc being the largest and the 600s have pipes etc.. and are still pretty slow...

Most people i know dont mod there sleds at all... So it doesnt take much to beat them...

I will probobly never race a F7 becuase no one i ride with owns one...But i would hope my warrior would beat a STOCK F7 atleast!! That would be nice!!

The biggest sled i ride with is a ZR800 EFI that is all stock except studs!!
Its the only sled i have to beat becuase he is the biggest YAMAHA Basher i KNOW!! But he is still my best friend!! :)

Ride what you want but dont try to stop us from making our sleds the best they can be...I didnt garentee that adjusting the secondary on his sled would make it beat all F7s just maybe it would make it closer!!

RIDE WHAT YOU WANT, LOVE WHAT YOU WANT,,, ITS RIDING THE SLED THAT MATTERS TO ME!!!

Back