• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2003 RX-1 or 2007 Phazer

glas0233

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2003 yamaha rx1, Past sleds: 1990 Arctic Cat Prowler, 1996 Arctic cat 440z, 2004 Ski Doo Renegade 800, 2005 Arctic Cat M7
Hey I currently have a 2093 RX1 with 3000 miles, all stock except for a bar riser and apex. Great condition 121 track. I have someone who wants to trade a 2007 Phazer with 7500 miles 136". Great condition. Chipped, sly dog skis and upgraded A arms. I am wondering if this is a good trade or what your opinions are as far as mileage, engine reliability resale price, etc. Thanks for the help!!

Had and 08 apex and a 08 phazer. the power loss from one to the other is huge. If you love power then stick with the RX1 if you love powder then trade. I got the phazer for my wife but I enjoy ditch banging with it every so often!!! On the lake I love to be first!!!

Had and 08 apex and a 08 phazer. the power loss from one to the other is huge. If you love power then stick with the RX1 if you love powder then trade. I got the phazer for my wife but I enjoy ditch banging with it every so often!!! On the lake I love to be first!!!

x2

Thanks for the replies! so the 7500 miles is nothing to worry about? I talked him into adding $700 on top of the sled due to the difference in miles. 7500 scares me though. The phaser is also clutched, piped, and has a power commander, wider gytr suspension, new ripsaw track and hid lights. And I am mainly a trail rider, around 150-200 miles a day when I ride.

Last edited:
Sounds like he has pushed the little phazer to the limits trying to wring power out of it. Even though the phazer engine is dead nuts reliable, it would seem to me it has been pushed hard. Will this kill it early? Dont know, but if it were me, id keep the rx.

Sounds like he has pushed the little phazer to the limits trying to wring power out of it. Even though the phazer engine is dead nuts reliable, it would seem to me it has been pushed hard. Will this kill it early? Dont know, but if it were me, id keep the rx.
X2.. You will miss your RX1

Sounds good, I think I will stick with the RX-1. Thank you for all of the input. As far as upgrades go, what can I do to the suspension that is fairly cheap? Is there a drop bracket for the rear suspension? Thanks!

Not super cheap, but about any rear skid swap is better than the proaction. By the time you sell the parts off yours it is not a huge investment that will pay off big dividends.

I revalved my front shocks, great move 200 ish.
Apex seat mod. well worth it. 275ish.
Rear skid mod 400ish
Bars forward. Katchess style- free wildchild style 200ish

For right around $1000 you will not believe it is the same sled. I understand 1000 isn't cheap. However, with these mods you can ride the rx1 a LONG time very happily.

Back