• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2004 RX1 ER...VS. 2005 RX1 ER

tozloRX1

Hello all,

Besides the suspension changes and weight elimination in the 2005...which I realize are some big changes...will the 2005 leave the 2004 in the dust being that both sleds are stock with NO modifications. My buddy has declared I will have a huge problem keeping up with his 2005 RX1. My thoughts are this: He may beat my sled but not walk away. Any thoughts on this? Am I right or wrong?

Besides the rear suspension there isnt much change besides weight..30lbs isnt going to make that big of difference in a race!

I dont think that there will be much difference in excelleration as they still both have Ripsaw tracks..

althought the 05 will have alot better weight transfer..

Did he by chance add a turbo when you werent lookin...LOL

tozloRX1 said:
Hello all,

will the 2005 leave the 2004 in the dust being that both sleds are stock with NO modifications. quote]
Maybe in a whooped up trail, but not straight line acceleration :ORC

welterracer said:
Besides the rear suspension there isnt much change besides weight..

I dont think that there will be much difference in excelleration as they still both have Ripsaw tracks..

althought he 05 will have alot better weight transfer..

Did he by chance add a turbo when you werent lookin...LOL

LOL...the guy is a great friend but at times he is quite the bragger. I watched as he throttled up his sled...the skis came flying up off the ground each time he did so. I guess I have never seen that before on an RX1...so I thought maybe he might have more than just an edge. I must say his sled looks way cool with the skis off the ground. I am sure it adds no value when racing but it does look pretty cool

I haven't had a chance to ride my new 05 RX1 yet, but there was a reason I had adjustable weight transfer rods on my SRX. The guy that hooks out of the hole has a huge advantage in my humble opinion. With that said, once he jumps you by two sled lengths out of the hole and assuming you both weigh the same, 30 pounds is equal to about 4 HP. So he should continue to pull you alittle. But this is all speculation, you may have a better response time on the start and run even with him. Ya never know until you line em up.

ER's are only 22 lbs. different. Clutch tuning, studs or other mild tweeks could easily make the 04 faster. A lighter driver could easily compensate for the better hook up as well.

We found that the 05 will beat a 04 handly in most conditions where traction is an issue. Example the two sled run about the same on grass and from a rolling start on hard pack all other conditions the 05 is gone!! :Rockon:

Scooby said:
We found that the 05 will beat a 04 handly in most conditions where traction is an issue. Example the two sled run about the same on grass and from a rolling start on hard pack all other conditions the 05 is gone!! :Rockon:
This makes sense with the better weight transfer of the mono shock skid.

Back