• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS Venture slider replacement and secondard drive ques

minox

I just purchased a 2005 RS Venture and have a few questions.

I had tightened the track tension to Yamaha specs to eliminate ratcheting. Unfortunately, I am now reading that this likely hastened the slider wear. Can I replace the sliders on this unit with the skid still in the machine and sliding them through the track window?

I had also just taken my machine to the dealer to have the jack shaft recall replacement. While there I asked the dealer to clean the clutches and put a new belt on it. I have noticed than my secondary drive slides on the new jack shaft about 5 mm. I checked the retension bolt and it is tight. Is this normal ?

The machine runs good at my local park where the most you can go is 35 mph. I am gong to VT next week and expect to open it up a bit more and run long miles. I would sleep better if I knew this was normal.

My secondary is also the same. Yes , you can get them through the windows. It can be tough to get them started through but vise grips pulling and twisting with a little lube on the window and they'll come right off . Some have used a utility knife to slightly open one set of windows for this,just be carefull with your cuts! You'll find that running your track as loose as possible with no racheting will make your sled roll better and help slow wear on lots of parts. Mine will roll away on a hill if I don't set brake.

Back