• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 rx1

i have been doing a lot of research but am still confused? I am thinking about selling my newer sleds and putting some of the money into updating/upgrading my rx. I already have an apex seat and risers however the suspension is still terrible for my riding style. I was wondering if the 2005 mono has any chance of being a good rough trail sled ? Nothing crazy rough but I don't want to be so sore I can't move after a 150 mile day. I would be willing to spend some coin to get it right just wondering if it's a lost cause

I also have a 2005 RX1 that I have not been happy with the ride. I did have the shock re-valved by my local shock guy but still not happy. I have not road a sled with Hygears re-valve or Pioneers and maybe gave up too early but I felt like a have spent enough on the mono with the cracked rails, broken W arm, and all the other mods that I did to my skid. I know there are a lot of people that love the mono but I am not one of them. I am installing a Z1 Cat skid in mine this year. Hope it is worth it when done. I am thinking putting in a different/aftermarket skid may be the way to to make it a better bump sled.

I just installed an M10 out of a Polaris for cheap. Install is easy, uses the stock front mounting holes and stock rear brackets. Picked up the skid in excellent shape for $250 so that's fairly cheap. I haven't put it to the test yet but the difference in travel is huge and the sled has a lot better stance. Lots of guys on here have done it.

Back