• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 vector engine missing

woodysattak

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 RTX LE
A friend of mine has a 05 vector we just got back from the up. The engine misses under throttle. Once in a while it will run clean for a few seconds but hardly ever. We ran sea foam thru it and did not seem to help. It starts good and idles good. We also put in three new plugs and did not help. Any ideas on what could be the problem. It does not backfire at all it just cuts out and sounds like its missing. Could it have something to do with the tors sensor. Thanks Kurt

Tors would signal a code on the gage...I'm guessing that's not the issue as I'm sure you would have noticed that.

Is it fresh fuel? If not, drain it and put in some fresh gas.

Maybe it needs a carb sync?

Is there an aftermarket exhaust installed? I heard that can cause issues.

Could be, just disconnect the TORS under the steering post pad and see if it solves your problem. If doesn't solve your problem, sounds like a thorough carb cleaning and sync may be in order. Bad gas will also give you those symptoms. Bad ignition coil as well.

05 vector

Yes it does have an aftermarket exhaust. Its got hauck exhaust.

clean your pilot jets. clean them well - the orifice is very small - i used to be able to clean them with the carbs in place if they weren't completely plugged.

just thought of one other thing, in the slide diaphragm, there is a spring and a plastic clip on the end of the spring - i noticed in the RS nytro the clip used to climb up the spring causing it not to open properly - take the 4 screws out of the black cover and they are under the cover.

Back