• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 phazer clutch issue

Bearfx

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 phazer
Ok so I got a new belt and I removed the bolt shims completely and the belt is still 0.5 mm below the secondary sheave. What might be going on? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Have you taken it for a spin? It is very common for the belt not to rise to the top on a stand but it is fine once we ride it.

Welcome to TY.

Ok so I got a new belt and I removed the bolt shims completely and the belt is still 0.5 mm below the secondary sheave. What might be going on? Thanks in advance
It's the shims inside the clutch(between sheaves). You have to take helix off.

It's the shims inside the clutch(between sheaves). You have to take helix off.

why are they in there when adjustment is made from the three bolts on the outside? Strange

Shouldn't be unless someone switched it out.

just took it apart and discovered the spring wasn’t in the holes and there is two shims . Put it back with the correct assembly method and now belt is well above the sheaves .i will now use the back bolts to drop the belt to correct spec. Thank you for the help.

Back