• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 RS VentureGT hard start

wags63

Ok guy's after sitting during the off season I went out to fire her up and she cranked and cranked but did not fire over. I read somewhere on here that there is a tube you pull off and blow into. I just want to make sure I get the correct tube to try this before digging any further so if anyone has a pic they can post that would be great.

By the way the sled was stored with a full tank of gas topped off with a can of Seafoam I fired the sled up about a month ago with no problem, and the sled only has 300miles on it.

My 08 Venture Lite fired right away.

Thanks,
Dan
Bartlett, Illinois

From most of the posts this year already I think it's crap gas. :o| I'm sure at times it maybe other issues but as for me and a few others here in south east Wisconsin the reformulated gas is causing nothing but problems. I've started to put octane booster in most everything I run. I'm even going as far as to put more injector cleaner in than I normally would. I'll be pulling the jets on the Venture before I sync it. I wonder if the study that had people putting a few ounces of 2 stroke oil in with the gas may help?

I'm going to make the assumption that the vent line is in the same place as on my 2006. Open the hood and remove the belt guard. On the inside of the foot stop you should see a fuel line with a spring around it connected to a vent tube with a spring type clamp. Disconnect the fuel line and blow hard into the line a couple of times and immediately put your thumb over the line. What you have done is put pressure in the fuel system to force gas into the fuel pump. Now start your engine with the choke or enricher.
You may have to do this a couple of times. Good luck.

Try the vent line it's the quickest. If it dosen't start right away it probablly bad gas like gcr3903 says. I have had the same problem with my venture. All I do is put a bit of gas down one or a couple of the cylinders and crank it should fire up right away. You should drain aleast half of the tank and replace it with fresh stuff. I believe the gas is losing it's octane sitting in the tanl all summer long and it doesn't have the bang to fire up the sled.. I use seafoam and have checked and cleaned my carbs, blew in the vent hose a couple times and it still didn't start but the gas down the cylinder fired it up right away.. Good Luch Let us know how you make out...

Crap gas, I had the same thing happen last year with my wifes 06 nytro, same motor as you venture while my apex started no problem but would hesitate, changed the plugs and got rid of the gas and it started and ran great.

The gas vent line comes out of the gas tank and ends up down on the left side of the frame. Pull it off, blow into the line and pinch it off to keep the pressure up and turn the key and she should fire up.

To be safe, syphon out the old gas, put it in your truck/vehicle and put fresh gas in your sled.

I think that I goofed last Spring and left about 3 gallons of unstabilized gas in my Venture's tank. I had no difficulty starting it, but it wouldn't stay running at idle for about 5 minutes unless I applied some throttle. I think that the pilots are a bit gunked up, and I dumped 3/4 of a can of Seafoam into the tank followed by 7 gallons of fresh gas. Hopefully, the Seafoam will cure the issue, as I'm not looking forward to dealing with removal/replacement of the pilot jets.

i tried the vent line. i never will again never worked for me. i unscrewed the airbox off the carbs left the hoses hooked up to the airbox and get a little spray bottle with some fuel and give a spray or two in each carb and if it dont fire then u got fire issues. very easy and quick i could have turned it over for forty years even with the vent line thats what worked for me.

Back