• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Start Dead battery?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
Sled was running fine a month ago. I normally fire them up every six weeks in the off season. Went out tonight and nothing not even a click. Put the battery charger on and it wouldn't begin to charge. Put booster pack jump starter and it would immediately go into fault mode.

Could the battey be completely done? It never appeared weak before but it is six years old.

I am also perplexed as to why jump starter would go into fault mode.

sounds like it went bad inside the battery.....6 years old is pretty good for it.....probably internal short in battery
Ok thanks, I guess I have time to fix her but I like to run it through the off season

seen a battery go bad 200' from the fuel pump when we stopped and shut down to make sure the other guy riding with us was ok. would not start and i had to pull him the 3 blocks to the hotel where we found the bad battery.

Ok thanks, I guess I have time to fix her but I like to run it through the off season
As long as it is stored in a clean, dry environment there is no need to start it.
I'd wait until November to purchase battery.

Back