• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 American Snowmobiler Shoot-out Results

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
I just got back from Woodgate NY with the 2010 Amrecian Snowmobiler Shoot-out results. They ran two classes The 600 class that included the Nytro, and the 800 Class including the Apex. As always they did two box Stock runs, then had an hour to dealer prep the sleds, only allowing jetting or clutch changes. Of course with most sleds these days being EFI, there are not many jetting changes. Here are the results. I will only list the best of the Box stock runs, and the best run of the dealer prep runs. Temperature was in upper teens to about 20, with just a couple inches of snow of the course. They only gave results for the 1/4 mile.

600cc Box stock run:
Yamaha FX Nytro : 12.5 sec. @ 92 MPH.
Polaris 600 Rush: 12.7 sec. @ 88 MPH
Cat snow Pro 600: 12.7 sec. @ 91 MPH
Ski-Doo 600 ???: 12.9 sec. @ 90 MPH.

600cc Dealer prep run:
Yamaha FX Nytro: 12.3 sec. @ 94 MPH.
Polaris 600 Rush: 13.0 sec. @ 87 MPH.
Cat snow Pro 600: 12.3 sec. @ 94 MPH
Ski-doo 600 ????: 12.7 sec. @ 92 MPH.

800cc Box Stock Run:
Yamaha Apex: 12.0 sec @ 98 MPH.
Polaris 800 Rush: 12.3 sec. @ 93 MPH
Cat Snowpro 800: 11.9 sec. @ 94 MPH
Skidoo 800 XP: 11.8 sec. @ 99 MPH

800cc Dealer Prep run:
Yamaha Apex: 11.9 sec. @ 98 MPH
Polaris 800 rush: 12.2 sec. @ 94 MPH.
Cat snowpro 800: 12.1 sec.@ 95 MPH.
SkiDoo 800 XP: 11.8 sec. @ 98 MPH.

Both the Nytro and Apex did rather good for those HEAVY 4-stokes;

As a side note they ran some sleds modified by some after market companies or business. There was a Nytro with a Turbo that ran 5.3 sec. @ 129 MPH in only 660 ft.

And the beat go's on!! It should be making more of them(2-strokes) look over the fence! I would be!!

Was Big Moose still doing the dealer prep on the Yamahas and Cats? Must have changed as they have historically slowed the Yamahas down with their "prep" versus out of the box stock.

Look like very good #'s for Team blue though!

PS. i am not jealous at all that you get to go to Shoot out each and every year!! :o|

I do know Woody from Woodys performance was there helping setup the dealer prep Yamahas this year but I forget what team actually had the task of setting them up but he was invited to help with the Apex and I believe the Nytro too. He knows his Yamahas and thats all he carrys at his dealership in Topsham Maine.

Those are very comparable numbers. I hate to admit the Nytro is "only" a 600, but it really fits in quite well with the 600 class sleds

Very impressive for the big boy 1000 Apex weighing 100+lbs more than the E-tec 800>>think the weight actually helps plant that power down<<spinnin aint winnin--and all that straight torque<<________164hp in a E-tec 800 that weighs nothing! WOW YAMAHA #1 :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

The Yamaha's are now set up by D&D out of Lowville. They used to deal with just Cat, but they recently added Yamaha. Big Moose still sets up the Cats. Smith marina from Old Forge does the Doo's, and White Lake Polaris does the Poohs.

Back