• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 American Snowmobiler Shoot-out Results

I think I read DYNOTECH makes sure the the SkiDoo's aren't in break in mode before they are run to give them the best chance they can.. I will bet the Apex xtx with its better traction will be the sled to beat this year!!! Wonder if they ran the turbo AC???

fourload said:
I think I read DYNOTECH makes sure the the SkiDoo's aren't in break in mode before they are run to give them the best chance they can.. I will bet the Apex xtx with its better traction will be the sled to beat this year!!! Wonder if they ran the turbo AC???
Hope thats right,so we know whats-up! Apex xtx vs Artic cat Turbo Ext< hmmmm i wonder? :yam:

tomanytoyz said:
spike337 said:
The Doos are in 'break in mode' no?
Forgot about that,i'm sure they are :dunno: still gunna be a close race after the 1000 loosens-up tho> ;):D to the non-yammies :die
They all had almost zero miles on them from what i heard. The Yamaha four stroke will get faster too, as mentioned, heck, my little WR250r had noticable gains as it broke in. Even above 1000 miles.
On another site i had to see what they were saying about this, after a few posts, the excuses were just amazing! :drink: After a couple pages of that, i could've just thrown up! ;):D That one stung bad that the "heavy tanks" did some whoopin!
But, now that i'm not 18 years old with a whoping 2000 miles, and 4 years of seat time, what do i know?

Reading this really takes the guess on which sled I want... I know the Apex is heavy, but if it can run that close to an Etec 800R, that is damn good....

Which sled did D&D run the XTX or the 128"

very happy with these results. The Apex will only get faster with more miles! DAMN - this is the first year since I got my 2006 RTX that I REALLY want a new one.

Pretty impressive numbers.. Just think how fast the yamaha will be once it gets 1500 miles on it.. and the suspension is tuned well..

OK, as I have asked in the past, how can the dyno ever be used for research when clearly it is not measuring power correctly. The Apex is running essentially the same mph as sleds with 100 - 150 lbs less weight. It must be making more power if we believe in the physics. Yet 'independent' dynos have the Doo, Cat, and Yammie all at the same level ~ 163hp.

spike337 said:
The Doos are in 'break in mode' no?

Did you mean "break down mode" ?
No that takes at least 10 miles to kick in , hehehe ....sorry me bad .

SledFreak said:
Reading this really takes the guess on which sled I want... I know the Apex is heavy, but if it can run that close to an Etec 800R, that is damn good....

Which sled did D&D run the XTX or the 128"
yes they are pretty much splitting hairs in a race but one thing is for sure the yamaha 4 stroke will outlast them all by faaarrr.

Essarex said:
OK, as I have asked in the past, how can the dyno ever be used for research when clearly it is not measuring power correctly. The Apex is running essentially the same mph as sleds with 100 - 150 lbs less weight. It must be making more power if we believe in the physics. Yet 'independent' dynos have the Doo, Cat, and Yammie all at the same level ~ 163hp.

There are an awful lot of variables and equipment between the engine and the snow.

Looks like Yamaha gets the power from the engine to he snow better as there is no question that our Ricers weigh more than the other brands.

Mind you 2 tenths of a second at 95 MPH is about 26 feet. That's not that close.

Back