• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vec...hit concrete buried in snow.....:-(

peterdb

Lifetime Member
Website
www.hellodave.com
oh man.....only 87 miles on my brand new Vector....i was boondocking in my brothers property and hit some buried concrete. i hit square on the A-arms and pushed it back. i am so pissed i can barely take it...
and due to a unique situtation i had to leave the sled with minoqua yamaha. god i hope there service department is good.
plus, i can't get back up there to pick it up until 3rd week of january. fortunalty they said no problem and they won't charge me for a few weeks storage. but...still, it's gonna sit outside the whole time...aahh man...i' am not happy....

i will say this....that sled was beautiful for 87 miles.

i did not get pics....i was so seriously stressed, mad, beside myself....i don't know. lots of money spent on new sled and then this....
i was only going about 5 to 10 mph! bent it back....wtf???
there going to call me with the estimate.
i know...ultimately it's only a snowmobile....i just worry it will never be like newq again, although the mechanic at the dealer assured me it will be 'exactly like new' when they are done.
can anyone vouch for (good or bad) on Minoqua Yamaha's service dept? i'm almost afraid to ask......

peterdb said:
i did not get pics....i was so seriously stressed, mad, beside myself....i don't know. lots of money spent on new sled and then this....
i was only going about 5 to 10 mph! bent it back....wtf???
there going to call me with the estimate.
i know...ultimately it's only a snowmobile....i just worry it will never be like newq again, although the mechanic at the dealer assured me it will be 'exactly like new' when they are done.
can anyone vouch for (good or bad) on Minoqua Yamaha's service dept? i'm almost afraid to ask......

I had to get help form them once and they came out to the trail to help us get my sled back up and running. They know what they are doing. You may want to look into getting some A-Arm skid plates. I don't know if that would of help.

the good review from you (apex 06) is comforting. thank you.

anyone out there who has bent back an A-arm and had it fixed???? can you tell me your sled was 'just like new' again?....don't lie just to make me feel better.

I have family that lives in St. Germain. When we go sledding up there at times, I want it to be more of a vacation so I stay in Minoqua. I've dealt with the dealer your speaking of and I have faith they'll take care of you.
I know it's a B when you wreck something new but, like you said, it's only a sled and it could have been way worse. You've lived to ride again!! :Rockon:

peterdb said:
oh man.....only 87 miles on my brand new Vector....i was boondocking in my brothers property and hit some buried concrete. i hit square on the A-arms and pushed it back. i am so pissed i can barely take it...
and due to a unique situtation i had to leave the sled with minoqua yamaha. god i hope there service department is good.
plus, i can't get back up there to pick it up until 3rd week of january. fortunalty they said no problem and they won't charge me for a few weeks storage. but...still, it's gonna sit outside the whole time...aahh man...i' am not happy....

i will say this....that sled was beautiful for 87 miles.

You go off the trail and you take your chances. Stay on the trail and this stuff will likely never happen.

I have empathy for you but how can you be pissed at the sled for not taking a hit? You chose to go boondocking with a BRAND NEW SLED! You made the choice....nobody made it for you.

I do hope your sled gets fixed to your satisfaction.

just so we are clear, i wasn't boondocking on someone elses private property. it is my brothers 53 acres. i have boondocked many times on his land. but i just went a bit farther out into the unknown than i usually do and WHAM!
groomdriver, i dion't want you thinkin i deserved it because i was doing something that gives sledders a bad name (that is going off trail where you are not allowed). for what it's worth.

thanks everyone else for the vote of confidence on the dealer rep! (locatd on 70 west)

That's too bad!! I was checking the other thread on here too see what you thought of the performance of the new Vector, but with 87 miles you probably never got to find out yet.

What color did you get? My uncle has a new red one in our shop and it is very sharp looking. I rode it on the trail for about 5 miles a week ago but it was pretty stiff yet. (under 100 miles on it at the time)

Hope the Minoqua dealer get's you back on the trail. I have been in there before but it was over 15 years ago.

peterdb said:
just so we are clear, i wasn't boondocking on someone elses private property. it is my brothers 53 acres. i have boondocked many times on his land. but i just went a bit farther out into the unknown than i usually do and WHAM!
groomdriver, i dion't want you thinkin i deserved it because i was doing something that gives sledders a bad name (that is going off trail where you are not allowed). for what it's worth.

thanks everyone else for the vote of confidence on the dealer rep! (locatd on 70 west)

I never want to see anybody's sled damaged just as long as they're riding safe and legally. Act like Joe Racer on the trail and plow into a tree and I will never help you out (ask "Racerdave" if this is true)...you're own your own.

I see you were riding on a relatives land and that's fine as is riding forest lanes on public land (fun fun fun!!!). You just never know what's underneath all that fresh powder!

It's all good here Peter. I know the dealer you took it to. All I know about them is that they're very expensive on their stuff...I know nothing about their service dept. as any of my work is done at the Yami dealers in Tomahawk or Antigo. I can recommend them (especially Antigo) VERY highly!

Skeet said:
nice SAW....i carried one for a year in the 101st

Man... I gave a 45 minute block of instruction on that damn thing so many times to trainees it makes my head hurt. Nice piece though.....

Back