• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011-2012 Apex SE vs Apex

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
Any cons to buying a standard Apex compared to the SE.I have ridden both and think the standard Apex rides better!!!

standard/SE

The Fox's in the front on Se allow the front to readily be lowered along with 13mm bar that will greatly improve the handling. The Mega in the rear is nothing to write home about.

snowbiscuit , just got a 2011 se. left polais. could you explain in more detail about the 13mm bar. also if you lower the air out of front you loose ski pres. i have raise my limiter one hole and run 125 psi in front shocks , looking for a little help thanks

Mine is at 60 psi in the fornt, limitter pulled up one hole, stock 12mm bar. Could go another hole on the strap. Mega is a little better as far as not bottoming in those "g" bumps I think. It can be very good, but is very sensitve to air pressure. My impressions........ Overall I'm pretty happy with the setup now. IMO Yamaha's recommended settngs are way too high.

I put doolys on front took care of darting. think i will try semi trackers. might try up two holes on strap. 1st yamaha sled . use to lighter sled but same to be able to handle the weight. power is good . wish seat was alittle high and more of a rake to it. ride alot in canada and will do 200 to 300 miles aday

SE

My SE bar miked at 11mm and by adding 13mm and lowering front 40 psi, middle hole on strap and control rod you find with this setup that cornering will be very flat with excellent handling. I also run pilots to feduce darting. Box stock the SE isn't the greatest handling, (OK) but not like it is now.

I could be wrong on the bar diameter. I asked on the forum a few months back and was told it was 12mm. It does have a different part number than the 2010.

I thought the standard Apex rode smoother and handled flatter than the SE in most trail conditions. The SE will probably handle the big bumps better. My dealer has a leftover 11 standard that he wants to sell me. I've got him down to 6000 plus tax plus my 06 Apex GT.

I've got a standard 2011 Apex and love it. Rides great. Buy it ! I've heard problems with the air shocks on the SE losing air or needing adjustments with temperature changes.

apex

hi have a2011 apex and a guy with a se said he wished he bought a 121 so who knows i love mine so does everyonelse who has rode it its a great sled

Re: apex

SLEDMONSTER said:
hi have a2011 apex and a guy with a se said he wished he bought a 121 so who knows i love mine so does everyonelse who has rode it its a great sled

I think you mean XTX if it was a long track. The SE and Standard have 128" tracks.

adirondac blue, The lake is frozen in the middle with a little water near the shoreline. I was on it last weekend but you can't go past the batchlerville bridge because the lake is all broken up around it due to construction. Be safe!!!!

Back