• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex vs. 2011 Vector

PurePower

Looking for opinions, I will be purchasing a new sled next fall and will be getting my name on one soon. I have it narrowed down to the 2011 Apex XTX or the Vector LTX GT. Which would be the better choice? I currently have a viper and love it, just not the ride anymore. I have driven the new Apex at the demo, and there is a definate difference from the 2010 model to the 2011, handling wise, power seemed the same. There was a Vector there, but I never got the opportunity to drive it. Not sure what the handling, power and ride is like on the Vector. Opinion's please!

Check out the thread I started "Nytro vs. Apex can't decide". There are lots of good opinions in there. Everyone seems to be leaning toward the Vector because it is lighter in the front end. I think the EPS will make the Apex feel lighter on the smooth trails but in the bumps I'll bet the Vector will shine.
I'm curious to see what others have to say about your topic for my own information as I am going to upgrade from a Viper to a new 4stroke in the fall. A new Apex might be out of my price range though.

The weight difference won't make much difference. There really isn't much weight difference at all. The sleds being compared are RS/RX not FX/RX.

I would go with the XTX on account of TRACK LENGTH.

Honestly though, I would prefer it with a MUCH SMALLER engine -- 110 hp would be about perfect.

The real question is do you want more power than your viper or about the same? I went from a SRX to a Viper to an Attak- I was very pleased with the Attak-

EPS will be on the Vector next year so I would go with the Apex XTX. Vector may have EXUP also. Or wait a year and see what they do to the Vector.

sx7001 said:
EPS will be on the Vector next year so I would go with the Apex XTX. Vector may have EXUP also. Or wait a year and see what they do to the Vector.
if you mostly trail ride get the Vector. if you mostly make speed runs then the Apex. i have an 09 vector LTXGT and i love it. i mostly trail ride and it has plenty of power for that. unless they do something with the skis you will want the pilot skis. i have those and love them too.

I have a 09 vector ltx gt, do mostly trail riding, love the ride and lots of speed for me. Only change to skis was putting on doolies, The sled is great for long day rides, never sore or tired after 300km day. I'm planning on spring ordering 11 vector ltx gt.

Honestly though, I would prefer it with a MUCH SMALLER engine -- 110 hp would be about perfect

Yeah, you and every other person who wants a four-stroke Yamaha but think a Phazer is too underpowered but dont need the power of a Nytro/Apex/Vector. There's a 50 horsepower vacuum in the Yamaha lineup that has sucked away a lot of potential customers.

If my math is correct, they could bore out the phazer engine to 600cc by increasing the bore from 77mm to 84mm, and slap on an exup (or even better, VVT) to make a real wicked 100-110 hp sled.... a little less "vertical" of a chassis would go nice along with it though... I wonder if there's enough space between the jugs to do that without having to lengthen the crankshaft, crankcase, and head....? It's only 7mm = ~1/4"...

yamakazie said:
Check out the thread I started "Nytro vs. Apex can't decide". There are lots of good opinions in there. Everyone seems to be leaning toward the Vector because it is lighter in the front end. I think the EPS will make the Apex feel lighter on the smooth trails but in the bumps I'll bet the Vector will shine.
I'm curious to see what others have to say about your topic for my own information as I am going to upgrade from a Viper to a new 4stroke in the fall. A new Apex might be out of my price range though.

I have ridden the new 2011 Apexes, you would be surprised how well they soak up the junk.

i live in central ny trails are like the ones you ride. I had a apex great engine now have a nitro xtx and love it. The more you ride it the the more you like it . MORE SMILES PER MILE.

I have owned three Apex. My current Vector LTX GT is by far the best I've owned. Perfect balnce of power and economy. Usually Ipout 4000 or more miles on a sled per year. The Apex all felt front end heavy after long rides. I hear the EPS solves that, but they reduced fuel capacity again so can't get the range needed for long trips. Just my 2 cents.

Back