• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Vector LTX feedback...looking for it

dfroster

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Arctic Cat Thundercat EPS
Thinking about getting the wifee into the 4 stroke game. Looking at Vector LTX with EPS. Owners please give feedback on ride, handling, engine, etc. assuming anyone has put enough miles on to comment. Thanks.

Big storm in midwest tonight thru Friday. Hope for bigger snow totals than forecasted.

dfroster said:
Thinking about getting the wifee into the 4 stroke game. Looking at Vector LTX with EPS. Owners please give feedback on ride, handling, engine, etc. assuming anyone has put enough miles on to comment. Thanks.

Big storm in midwest tonight thru Friday. Hope for bigger snow totals than forecasted.

I would love to comment, but I'm looking for snow so I can get my first ride.

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

My wife didn't like driving my long track apex. We got her a short track 11' Vector GT and she loves it!! Great throttle response and power, no power steering on the 11'. Maybe she would like a 12 Vector LTX with power steering.

I have 200 km on mine now. It sure is different than the 06 Rage.
Not much to say yet but it seems quicker. I like the power steering I think.
The trails weren't really that good but I got on some backroads with a couple feet of powder and the power steering really helped there.
It seems a bit dangly or jumpy but like I say, trail conditions weren't the best.
We are supposed to get a dump in the next couple days so maybe this weekend will tell me more

Everything about it is better than my '06 Vector. I have about 300 miles under my belt so far, the ride is great with the long track, the handling is great, the darting is almost non-existent with the duece bars. The only thing I wasn't really impressed with was the power steering. It made the steering a little lighter at slower speeds, but not much more than my '06. Maybe its just me, but I think the power steering on the Grizzly ATV's made a bigger difference than in these sleds. Maybe I was expecting too much? Overall it is a great package. Noticeable power improvement, especially in midrange. Clutching is also every good for stock. The windshield does a nice job of protecting you also. A little more tweaking should make it even better.
Mike :4STroke:

I'm up to 450 km now and really liking this sled.
I still have the 4" bars on and I'm really not noticing much darting now that the trails are a bit better. I'm starting to fit into it maybe.
I do find it colder tham the old Rage though.
10 degrees f this weekend and I was freezing where I never was before at -5F.

Have 580mi of UP MI trail riding, much better than our old 05 vector and much lighter feeling than my 07 attak gt great power to weight ratio as far as feel, very snappy and yes keeps right with my attak all the way to top end, only after about 1/3 mi I will start to pull by just a bit but not much same as buds machz1000 also we are side by side all the way. The LTX is no slouch and very trail friendly, get about 14mpg riding semi hard. I have 6" bergstrom triples on the stock skis, handles like it is on rails.

I sold my 2007 Vector GT and bought the 2012 Vector LTX. My girlfriend drives this machine and she says she has no shoulder fatique after riding the new one. She says its a joy to ride.

dfroster said:

I had my first ride last week on my 2012 Vector LTX. Here is a link to my first impressions. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=108854 If you have any questions just shoot them to me.

Chester

:letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow: :letsnow:

The wife has just over 100 miles on her 2012 LTX and loves it she won't stop talking about how well it rides, how easy it steers and how much power it has. I wish she would let me take it for spin.

IA Rider said:
The wife has just over 100 miles on her 2012 LTX and loves it she won't stop talking about how well it rides, how easy it steers and how much power it has. I wish she would let me take it for spin.

That might be tough to do. When I let my wife take mine for a spin 9 years ago she hasn't given it back.

Chester

I keep hearing that the 2012 vector being colder than the older ones. Probably because your seating higher on the newer models.

My wife started riding double with me 40 years ago; got her first sled 30 years ago and in 2003 she started going with seven of guys on our week long saddle bag trips. Put her in the middle so she does not get lost, but no one ever complains about her going to slow. No snow in PA; heading to Quebec next week and I am real anxious to find out how she likes the 2012 Vector.

Back