• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Vector LTX stock mono shock spring rate

Joeski

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 RS VECTOR LTX
Have a 2013 Vector LTX. I am looking for the stock mono shock spring part number or spring rate. I need to upgrade to a heavier spring. Pushing 300lbs with gear. When I search Yamaha alternative rear springs it show four different springs and rates but I’m not sure where the stock one is compared to them. I talked to four different dealers but they didn’t know. Any help would be great, thanks.

I ordered one from barn of parts that’s a progressive 5-8kn, he told me mine was a 5kn.

Thank you. Do you like it? I figured I'd do the same or try the Hygear setup

I ordered one from barn of parts that’s a progressive 5-8kn, he told me mine was a 5kn.
I haven’t ridden it yet but I just took off my Hygear shock, dual spring rate axis shock. I couldn’t dial it in to get the plush ride my stock shock gave. It was either jittery or harsh on the stutters so I’m giving this a shot, hope it works. It worked for big bumps but our trails don’t see over 4” bumps by me.

If you get snow before we do let me know how you like it :) I plan on getting something for next year (for my 08)

If you get snow before we do let me know how you like it :) I plan on getting something for next year (for my 08)
Sure I’ll let you know.

Have a 2013 Vector LTX. I am looking for the stock mono shock spring part number or spring rate. I need to upgrade to a heavier spring. Pushing 300lbs with gear. When I search Yamaha alternative rear springs it show four different springs and rates but I’m not sure where the stock one is compared to them. I talked to four different dealers but they didn’t know. Any help would be great, thanks.
I did some research as this is the same shock/susp I run & it appears stock was 4.49kg, the optional higher/heavier than that is #8hv-22212-20-00(4.99kg) & heaviest#8hw-22212-10-00 (5.99kg) based on what guys did with the older apex/attak the guys over 300 used the heaviest spring

I did some research as this is the same shock/susp I run & it appears stock was 4.49kg, the optional higher/heavier than that is #8hv-22212-20-00(4.99kg) & heaviest#8hw-22212-10-00 (5.99kg) based on what guys did with the older apex/attak the guys over 300 used the heaviest spring
That was my original plan but after talking to barn of parts, I decided to try his progressive spring, said he had good feedback on it.

Back