• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 Yamaha FX Nytro new to yamaha's!

Koke1 said:
I am looking into a picking up a new 2013 FX nytro. I really want to try a four stroke for the 2014 season. I currently ride a 800 etec and most of the people i ride with ride 800 twins of some sort. I am wondering what i can do to a nytro to run with these sleds performance wise. I know a boosted nytro would smoke them but are there other things i can do short of boosting it that would make it competetive. I looked into the superchargers and im no longer interested because of the horrible mileage you get. I would like to turbo but ive yet to find a good option for a short tracker. So what else is there? Please be realistic! Thank you
I too came off of a Skidoo 800 Renegade, blew it up again and bought a 2013 Nytro XTX. You wanna talk about being competitive? This thing bone stock out of the box woops #*$&@ on pretty much anything that lines up with it. Buddy has a 2011 800 etec that I destroy. It does 95 mph on the dream dial. It has arm stretching torc. Its a little heavy off trail but capable. It has a 1.75 By 144 track with tipped up rails too. I had to talk myself into it to but I don't regret the purchase at all, wish I did it sooner!

Twistgrip said:
Koke1 said:
I am looking into a picking up a new 2013 FX nytro. I really want to try a four stroke for the 2014 season. I currently ride a 800 etec and most of the people i ride with ride 800 twins of some sort. I am wondering what i can do to a nytro to run with these sleds performance wise. I know a boosted nytro would smoke them but are there other things i can do short of boosting it that would make it competetive. I looked into the superchargers and im no longer interested because of the horrible mileage you get. I would like to turbo but ive yet to find a good option for a short tracker. So what else is there? Please be realistic! Thank you
I too came off of a Skidoo 800 Renegade, blew it up again and bought a 2013 Nytro XTX. You wanna talk about being competitive? This thing bone stock out of the box woops #*$&@ on pretty much anything that lines up with it. Buddy has a 2011 800 etec that I destroy. It does 95 mph on the dream dial. It has arm stretching torc. Its a little heavy off trail but capable. It has a 1.75 By 144 track with tipped up rails too. I had to talk myself into it to but I don't regret the purchase at all, wish I did it sooner!

Yeah its that 95mph top end that i dont like. My e tec would see over 115 on the dream o meter and gps at 111mph. Its the two stroke reliability issues that have looking elsewhere. I know you can make these things fly!

Back