• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper LTX DX Vs. 2010 Nytro XTX 2700mi

snowracer1000

Extreme
For the guys that have switched what do you think. I am almost out of warrant on the Nytro and after a complete wiring harness, two ecms, starter solenoid, grip switches, and two sets of grips it has me nervous to say the least. I am looking at a new viper but don't want to be disappointed. The clutching and top speed issues have me concerned. I ride all ends of the spectrum deep off trail to railroad beds. Thanks in advance

I had a bone stock '11 xtx (except studs) and traded for a '15 DX. Comfort on the DX is incomparable to the nytro. I now have warm hands and my butt isn't sore from the motocross style seat. I only have 300 miles on flat land trails with questionable snow. I'm not real impressed with the handling so far but ride quality is a huge improvement over my xtx which I had set up pretty well. If you do some of the set up recommendations found elsewhere on this sight I think you'll be happy with the upgrade.

I've OTE="snowracer1000, post: 1198656, member: 14442"]What kind of speeds were you seeing have you done any mods?[/QUOTE]
Ive only done the 8DN belt change (same your nytro-easy to do) and 144 studs up the middle. Oh ya and 6" carbide inside and 4's on the outside. Just finished breaking in on Saturday. Seen 92 on railbed in less than ideal conditions, hoping for 95-96 in good conditions which seem to be on the high end of the spectrum compared to what some other folks are getting.

Not me. I like the ergonomics better and with just a clutch kit and aftermarket muffler I don't notice any performance lost. Plus I like the 137 inch track better than the 121. I do 95% trail riding so a crossover wasn't desired. Not to mention it is in my opinion, the best looking sled on snow.

No regrets here. Came off an '08 shorty and an '11 XTX. The Nytros had a cushier ride but my Viper LTX LE has better ergonomics (my knees don't hurt), bigger gas tank, no tunnel icing, my taillight stays clear, better gauge, the skis stay flat in turns, and the bottom end performance is the same for trail riding. Lost a little top end but thats not the type of riding I do. 14 MPG on first 2 tankfulls. So far I'm happy and I loved my Nytros.

I have said it before, if I had to go back to a Nytro to tree ride I would stay home. Can't say enough positive about the Viper in the trees (after skid shock spring change)

Brand new to the Viper with 300KM' however had an 08, 09, and 10 Nytro with all the mods except turbo. Just rolling this new machine off of the trailer I knew I was into an amazing machine. With the mods, my was Nytro dialed in for aggressive trail riding riding and the thought of loosing that into a stock sled had me worried.......I quickly got over that. In saying that I have to still work on the push in the corners in certain conditions but that would be my only thing on the list right now. Once that is complete then turbo vs Ulmer mods will follow, lol.

Back