• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RS Venture TF vs. 2016 Grand Touring 600 etec

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper LTX
2007 FX Phazer RTX
Hey guys, I'm 100% Yamaha to the bone and wouldn't have it any other way. My father is currently looking to buy a new sled and is trying to decide between the GT 600 etec and the RS Venture TF. My brother owns a REV and I own a new Viper so you guys can imagine the headaches as each of us want him to buy "our brand". He loves the look of the Venture and thinks the colors are beautiful but my brother keeps going back to the old "yamahas are heavy" bullshit, anyone out there have any information that can help me move dad over to the blue side and get him on a real sled? The Yamaha dealer in our area is amazing to deal with and the ski-doo one is garbage with an unbelievable amount of people wondering how they even get business anymore. I'd love to know the ready to ride weight of both sleds but it seems to be impossible to find. I should probably add that he's been a BRP guy for a while now and has owned a few fan cooled tourings as well as a can am quad. HELP PLEASE!!!! lol

Scott

Funny you should ask. I just went to the preview show on Monday. Oddly enough, Arctic Crap wasn't there but I digress. I may be looking at getting something more comfortable as my knees get sore quickly with my MP. I love my sled but my 6'2" 50 year old body is saying otherwise.

I sat on the Venture RS and I had tried one last year on a test ride. Loved the sled with the power steering, plush ride, good power and comfy seat BUT it's still a rider forward position. Great for my back, not so great for my knees. Sure I can stretch a bit onto the rear seat but it's only temporary, my knees are still bent and I would be in totally agony with a passenger.

Then I sat on the 1200 4tec Grand Touring. Nice sled. Has some nifty features that I noticed like flippable throttle and a GPS/phone mount, rMotion suspension and tons of other features. I can't say anything about the ride itself since I have never ridden one but, right away, noticed my knees were in a more natural position and was able to stay seated without feeling anything.

I would NEVER consider a 2 smoke no matter the reliability. And the 600 GT Sport has the same suspension that was in my '05 GTX, which was garbage, so I wouldn't even consider that model. At minimum, I would go with the 900 Ace.

Sorry to be so brutally honest. My heart says Yamaha but my aging body is saying Doo. May be something to consider for your dad.

Really the doo will be a better sled all around. Only thing the venture has on the doo is the motor. On a touring the weight is not a big deal since its safe to assume its going to be 100% trail ridden. But the doo will out ride and out handle the venture period. Its hard for me to say all that considering my dad, brother, and myself have all rode Yamaha for 20 years! But my father switched to a 1200 doo and there is not much I can complain about!

Back