• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 XTX LE skid adjust

16XTXLE

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 XTX LE and 2016 STX 137 DX
Dealer tells me undercarriage needs to be moved on my new XTX, says tunnel was set in low position and needs to be set up.
I think this is something I could do rather than take it back, he says loosen track and move front bolt by footwell to bottom hole and rear bolt into middle hole.

Sounds simple enough, but can anyone add anything?

What exactly is the advantage, other than raising the tunnel height for clearance....

Last edited:

I beilieve there's a possibility of some rubbing noises on the 16 xtx, there's a thread called "rubbing noise at front of skid" in the Sr. Viper forums. Check it out lots of info of a few guys that seem to have resolved the noise by adjusting the skid like your dealer mentioned. Also not sure if you have the resi shocks on your model but there's a thread about that too. And welcome to the site !!! :rocks:

There must be a geometry change as the Higear link wont work on the 16's and is being redesigned. I just know mine rubbed, I moved it to the lower holes in the front and middle hole in the back and all is good.

To do it: suspend track in the air, let off track tension all the way, let air out of shocks, undo rear bolts, undo front bolts, lower fronts and reinsert, lower rear and reinsert. Tighten bolts, refill shocks, evols first then mains and then adjust track tension. Took us 20 min in a parking lot at Grand Mesa at thanksgiving with basic tools. :)

Have we determined whether it is just the LE's with this issue or all 141's for 2016? I put that in FAQ.

I have a 2016 viper xtx se and when i ride on trail and let off trotle and in the same time i hit a little bump a can hear a rubbing sound in the front of the track
Is that are you talking about is this the same problem or its something helse

I have a 2016 viper xtx se and when i ride on trail and let off trotle and in the same time i hit a little bump a can hear a rubbing sound in the front of the track
Is that are you talking about is this the same problem or its something helse
Yes thats exactly it.

Cat has a bulletin out. Its not clear which 2016 141" sleds are involved but better safe than sorry.
Bulletin.jpg

Just did it with my wife, it's a bitch, but it's done....................Thanks for the input

Might help, put a large phillips screwdriver in one side in the bolt hole of the cross shaft (be careful not to damage threads) and us it to align other side to put bolt in.

Back