• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Yamaha ATV/UTV powertour...

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Had the pleasure to try a 2016 Kodiak(Non-EPS),2016 Grizzly EPS,and the 2016 Wolverine at my local Yamaha dealer(Wisemans Yamaha Shoal Harbour,NL)this past Friday with my brother(7skulls).Came away impressed with the Wolverine(Goes through the rollers better than any ATV),Very stable(Its very planted compare to the Rhino 700 I rode 6 years ago) i,and the power from the new 700 DOHC is nice(no vibration).High/Low was excellent for crawling around the trails.The Kodiak was a bare bones model.Power was instant but the steering effort was very hard(even in 2WD).This model is much smaller in size than the Grizz but both have the same motor(700DOHC),just different clutch settings).The Grizzly was a big improvement over past Yamaha 4X4 atvs.Power was instant with no belt lag like on other CVT quads.The new Grizz has a compact feel with great stability on off camber terrain.I noticed a lot of heat on my left leg coming from the engine.Brakes were better on the Grizz than the Kodiak and it was much better in the rolling humps(The wolverine was the king for comfort in these humps).Many thanks to Yamaha Canada and wisemans Yamaha Shoal Harbour,Newfoundland.Some video links will follow..........

Attachments

• Yamaha demo tour aug 7 2015 (2).jpg
    Yamaha demo tour aug 7 2015 (2).jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Yamaha demo tour aug 7 2015 (1).jpg
    Yamaha demo tour aug 7 2015 (1).jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 203

I went to the atv/utv power tour in Ottawa. Sure help me decided to buy the grizzly over the kodiak. The kodiak was nice but the grizzly felt more comfortable, plus it was great to be able to ride the 2 models, back to back. So I'm waiting on my new grizzly se (Carbon Metallic) to arrive at my dealer. Yamaha said it would be delivered in September, I cannot wait to get out on it.