• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Yamaha Sidewinder

Not mentioning names but I talked with two people that work very close with cat at the world series of ice drag's this past weekend. One said this is the last year for Cat Turbo and the other said Yamaha will have a factory Turbo next year! Let's see how accurate they are!

And send me a picture of ANY doo or popo with the same. ROFLMAO. I have never owned a sled beyond 20k miles and I don't see that changing now. The difference is my yamahas with 20k on them are still running and salable.

So you don't think there would be any difference in weight between a disposable sled and one that will go 100K miles? Or does the reliability not matter to you? I am sure if the industry told yamaha to make a disposable 15,000 mile sled I am sure they could.

In the old days when we could do the 2stroke rebuild in a morning before riding for a couple hundred bucks it wasn't so bad. Now it takes a weekend and $500.00-$1,500.00 to do it. TCO is way lower on the 4stroke. A guy I ride with blew up his 2012 Doo 800 back country last week and will be without it for a couple weeks and be out about 1500.00 to get it back. I told him to look on the bright side, at least he got almost 6000 miles on it before it blew and it is really light.

But seriously, why wait for Yamaha to build a cheap disposable sled?

I think Ski-Doo should make the ultimate sled;
How about a 2smoke that doesn't smell?
Doesn't need 50.00/gal oil to run,
Can run on normal gas.
Can be started with a key.
Will last more than 10,000 miles
Get good mileage.
Can go backwards.
Doesn't lose 75% of its resale value after hitting 5k miles.
And be "Light as a feather" like the weightless sleds they make now.

Of coarse we all know that can't and won't happen, just like yamaha can't make a 4stroke sled that is capable of 100k "light as a feather".

And your comment above, "I think they (yamaha) can go a lot lighter like ski-doo 4 strokes" The 2015 renegade 4 stroke dry is 518lbs. That is heavier than the new Viper @ 505 and and only slightly less than a nytro and a whole lot less power. When you ask for apples to apples, skidoo has the same struggles - no magic.

here the new doo 1200 ITC on XS platform

88aaf1f2185af26fcb403a96b293ea4b.jpg

here is the 880 Etec

post-1479-0-98934500-1424118960.jpg

I think Yamaha are sleeping if they don't do anything soon

Uhoh, I've been waiting for a revamped 1200.

And a new 880 2 stroke...cool.

I agree with you wavemaster.

My questions is this: Why on earth is Ski Doo #1 in sales? You would think blowing motors and being stranded would get old after awhile. Never mind the money factor.

All I can think of is that the demand for a lightweight product outweighs the demand for reliability.

Doesn't make sense to me, but the market and sales numbers speak for themselves. I would prefer reliability, but your average customer must not.

In effect, in a business sense.....shame in Yamaha for not making a sled that the majority of customers want.

In a reputation sense.....way to go Yamaha for continuing to build great sleds despite the demand for disposable ones.

It seems Yamaha is not into snowmobiles to make money, but to build a good reputation?

Reliable sleds have still not caught on to the broad market even after all these years......
Why #1?…R Motion

ITC......intercooled turbo charged??

If true those will sell big!!

I can see Mike Knapp with one of these!! :)

Yamaha snowmobiles is an old man machine ..love my Apex but they don't have the sizzle zap like a Skidoo -Axys - Cat8000. ! It's a 2-smoke thing that all follow there! Lightweight blah blah .

My 2-smoke buddies love the 4-stroke ,but it's always )) there heavy ... That's all they got .. Better than blowing up/rebuilding and getting towed ..! There are starting to realize slowly .. 4strokes get them to work haha. Yamaha will come out with a machine that will blow us all away !! They did in 03 ! Never seen before!

Yamaha snowmobiles is an old man machine ..love my Apex but they don't have the sizzle zap like a Skidoo -Axys - Cat8000. ! It's a 2-smoke thing that all follow there! Lightweight blah blah .

My 2-smoke buddies love the 4-stroke ,but it's always )) there heavy ... That's all they got .. Better than blowing up/rebuilding and getting towed ..! There are starting to realize slowly .. 4strokes get them to work haha. Yamaha will come out with a machine that will blow us all away !! They did in 03 ! Never seen before!

Sure I bought an older Apex 136 but I'll tell you what, I have no plans on going back to a 2 stroke. I had my fun, tinkered and tuned like crazy over the years....but yes I am getting to be an older man.....52 this year. I don't want to wrench anymore, love the turn key start,87 octane fuel prices vs premium, no worries of blowing up, no buying or smelling like 2S smoke. So for me, I don't care if someone calls it heavy. As long as it works for me I am happy. Refining the Apex would make me smile. I'll keep beating the drum....put in a new improved rear skid and give it 20-30 HP and watch us old guys buy them like it's a new iPhone model!!

Most old guys I know can't use half of the stuff on an iPhone. Lol. I'm 34 years young and love my stretched 136 apex. I wouldn't want to ride anything else.

that 880 was a joke because of big johns big bore being reliable...

subaru2006

Back