1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

2017 BTX SE - Camso Conquer 280 Track

Discussion in 'SideWinder Mountain Talk' started by 2fast4u_2, Feb 21, 2019.

1. 2fast4u_2

2fast4u_2 Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 BTX SE
    Greetings.

This is my first post on a winter sport forum and my first sled in nearly 40 years - god I am old. I have been a jet ski modder for decades:

See: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=262143&highlight=rxpxseadog

Anyway, I just bought a new 2017 BTX SE and ride in the mountains of UT, WY and MT and trails (primarily Yellowstone).

After buying this sled, I found the 1.75 track is simply too challenged by Guardsman Pass in UT (see photo) btx stuck.jpg .

While a 2.5/2.6 track would be an improvement, a 2.8 track would be a bit more helpful.

Based upon measurements it appears the 2.8 track will fit, but just barely, perhaps by .25". This is quite a slim margin given the 2.5 lug will clear by .75+".

My concern is slapping against the tunnel given the minimal clearance.

Any help or thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3. DranttelSS

DranttelSS Advertiser Advertiser VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Sidewinder XTX LE 137
    BTX has 8 tooth drivers, you could swap to MTX 7 tooth drivers for more clearance. Make sure to change the gearing if your going to that taller track as well.

4. 2fast4u_2

2fast4u_2 Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 BTX SE
    Thank you for the suggestion.

The 7 tooth part no. = Front Axle Sub-Assy 8KU-G7501-00-00 (2017) or 8JR-G7501-00-00 (2018)

As for stock sprockets for the 2017 BTX: 41T = Chain Driven and Chain Driven (40T) and then Sprocket, Drive (30T) (see: https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/58a23d4687a866120cd9fd47/track-drive-2 )

Couldn't find sprocket info for the 153 track MTX (2017 or 2018).

Perhaps more importantly, has anybody installed the 2.8 lug (Camso Conquer 280) on their BTX?

Thanks again for your response.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  5. 2fast4u_2

2fast4u_2 Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 BTX SE
    In an effort to avoid gearing changes and an axle swap, I went with the Composit M67 track with 2.62 lug.

The M67 is the most lug possible and in fact still may need to be trimmed. There is about 5/16 clearance for the heat exchange protectors.

My question is, what is an adequate clearance as not to damage the heat exchanger?

I've attached a couple photos.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Attached Files:

6. errol

errol Expert

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2018 SW B-TX LE 50th
    I would trim to 2.5" just to be on the safe side!

Just my $0.02

7. 2fast4u_2

2fast4u_2 Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 BTX SE

I'm contemplating honing the lugs .12 where the heat exchange rails align with the track to provide the extra clearance.

Just curious about your suspension set-up since you have a 50th anniversary BTX. I swapped the SE's stock suspension for the 50th Anniversary suspension both front and rear.

What are your settings for the springs?

Thanks.

razor_220 likes this.
  8. 2fast4u_2

2fast4u_2 Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 BTX SE
    Done!

Upgrades: new track (Composit M67 track = 2.62 lug and no trimming), Fox QS3's (front Fox 1.5 Zero QS3 and rear
    Fox 2.0 Zero QS3), idler wheels, front bumper and rear luggage (medium), kill switch tether, front storage (under windshield), Pro Skid Plate and Tunnel Protectors .

With all those upgrades, I am all in on a brand new sled for $13,300. IMHO amazing value and the results make for one bad #*$&@ crossover sled!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    1nc 2000 likes this.
  9. Zachary Finch

Zachary Finch Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    19' Sidewinder XTX
    Sorry Im late to the party here but did you end up riding this sled with the new 2.6" Track on it? Did it rub the heat exchanger at all? I have a Camso 2.5" Track for my 2019 XTX 141 I want to install. Just not sure if I have do go down a size on the drivers. Its a 8 tooth currently. IM assuming you left your 8 tooth on as well?

10. 2fast4u_2

2fast4u_2 Newbie

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 BTX SE

A 2.5" track will clear by .5+ inches. When buying this sled the Yamaha Rep (not the Yamaha dealer, the Yamaha technical Rep) stated the 2.5 inch track would fit with no issues. When I did decide the go with 2.62 inch track I was concerned about clearance with the heat exchanger. In fact when installing the track it didn't look like the track would fit, but it did.

Bottom-line, at 82mph I have experienced no rubbing. I continue to inspect the heat exchanger for rubbing and ice build-up.

I also did the suspension.