• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 STX GT seat height...

Tc_027

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
2011 Apex SE
2011 Apex XTX
2017 Sidewinder S-TX
2017 Sidewinder S-TX
Hi guys,

I just got a 2021 STX GT which I really like, other than the seat height.
My wife is riding an STX DX and I find the seating position better on it although the ride is better on the longer GT...
I have a bad hip (waiting for surgery) and by the end of our first real day of riding yesterday (around 190 miles) I was questioning my decision on buying the GT...
Has anyone modified or changed the seat on one?
Tks

It looks like your seat is specific the S-TX.
I would see if you can switch seats with your wife's sled. IF the seats are interchangeable then you can look for a seat assembly for any Yamaha Sidewinder to replace yours.
I replaced my 2022 LTX GT seat with a seat from a BTX/MTX. Those seats are slightly higher than the stock seats. They are actually pretty reasonable from Boats.net. Just keep plugging part numbers in until you get the best price.
For example, part #8KC-F4710-00-00 is a complete seat assembly from a 2017 Sidewinder MTX. Boats.net has it listed for $244.
It has an orange stripe on it. I used Dupli-color vinyl and fabric coating in black to get rid of the stripe. Looks stock.
1707054303252.png

Just about any competent upholstery company can modify the seat to however you like it.

Back