• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 LT-X GT 137, what's different from LT-X LE and SRX?

EVOVIISWE

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Non @ the moment
I'm looking into getting back to snowmobiling after many years without a sled. I used to have an SRX and a Viper 700 2-stroke, now I'm looking at Sidewinders.

I'm looking at used sleds as prices these days are just ridiculous, I only get to ride maybe 1000km/600miles per year so the investment is hard to justify anyway ;) I found a nice 2020 LT-X GT at a decent price, before that I was pretty set on a 2019 LT-X LE, SRX'es are few and far apart here, and we didn't get them until 2022 I think, so well outside of my budget.

When it comes to suspension the LT-X LE's we get here all seem to have IQS electronically adjustable suspension, as do the GT and the SRX, would there be any difference in the suspension setups between the three in terms of calibration, or actual hardware? What I'm a bit concerned about is if the GT is a softer ride with subpar suspension parts? I know the SRX has a lower stance due to lower springs and a short 1" lug track, both the LE and the GT seem to have a 1,75" backcountry track.

The 2020 GT seem to have a different front end with solid spindles, compared to the 2019 with open holes in them, would that be a major difference?

I guess non of them have the newer Stryke skis?

Would the GT's high screen be interchangeable with other Sidewinder screens?

Any difference in riding position or seat height?

Anything else I need to take into consideration?

Thanks,
Thomas

No snow = no site traffic. I can answer some of your questions but I have nothing for what a GT has standard.

Windshields are universal on any model.

The LTX LE and GT come with a 1.25" lug ripsaw 2 track and SRX a 1" ripsaw.

The LTX LE comes with Fox QS3r shocks and the SRX comes with the Fox IQS, I'm not sure what shock package comes on the GT.

Nothing different in seats or riding position.

I have nothing for you on the difference in spindles.

Most sidewinders come with the stryke ski, can't recall what year that happened.

Strike Skis I think came on 2021 models and up. Gt i think qs3 non Kashmir coated If this helps.

Last edited:
2020 = new bone spindle (solid spindle)
2021 = new stryke ski

Sounds like you get a slightly different setup there due to your snow conditions.

LTX LE is best available shock package, single rate spring
LTX GT is decent shocks except for the front track shock, single rate front spring
LTX SE is lowest cost shock package, single rate spring.

SRX is dual rate front spring, and a different torsion spring to help it sit lower

Any of them can be set up to ride good, especially with a fresh shock rebuild. The SE and GT however will have the least tuning and the SRX or any of the models with IQS will give you greater flexibility in ride quality from the seat. If I were you, i would look for an LTX LE.

Stick with 2020 or newer as they have the better handling spindles and reverse/start button combined.

how does the 1" track do in heavy snow conditions?
I only ride in northern Quebec and I would be worried about the 1" tack

2020 = new bone spindle (solid spindle)
2021 = new stryke ski

Sounds like you get a slightly different setup there due to your snow conditions.

LTX LE is best available shock package, single rate spring
LTX GT is decent shocks except for the front track shock, single rate front spring
LTX SE is lowest cost shock package, single rate spring.

SRX is dual rate front spring, and a different torsion spring to help it sit lower

Any of them can be set up to ride good, especially with a fresh shock rebuild. The SE and GT however will have the least tuning and the SRX or any of the models with IQS will give you greater flexibility in ride quality from the seat. If I were you, i would look for an LTX LE.

Thanks for the input everybody :)

I'm still not quite clear about the suspension differences between the different markets, apparently we have different setups here in Europe than you do in the US. As I mentioned all three versions LTX LE, GT and SRX do have IQS electronically adjustable suspension here. However, I have not been able to verify if they have the exact same shocks or not, I have tried to find part diagrams for the European market without luck.

Does anybody know if being equipped with IQS would dictate having the same shocks?

IQS means no rebound adjustment and at least a Fox 2.0 shock so it is likely they are all the same. @cannondale27 might have a more complete list of what is being installed on the different sleds. What might change is the spring package.

IQS means no rebound adjustment and at least a Fox 2.0 shock so it is likely they are all the same. @cannondale27 might have a more complete list of what is being installed on the different sleds. What might change is the spring package.

X2 also means a standard IFP in center position. I am really wondering if they will offer Legacy models with the 5position shocks. Is a history in Spring orders of changes in shock packages at actual delivery time so don’t count on anything being set in stone.

The specs I've found now for that GT I was looking at are:

Front: FOX® 1.5 ZERO iQS
Rear: HP Gas 1.5 / FOX® 2.0 ZERO iQS

Is that the same as any other iQS equipped Sidewinder including the SRX?

And I guess that "HP Gas 1,5" is the center position IFP mentioned above?

Back