• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Mach Z

Kind of like they did for the '05, '06, & '07 Mach Z. They were scheduled to build the '08 until they had no orders to fill.

Depends on what conditions and length of race. I mean if you aren’t set up for ice, stay away from Hole shots on Ice.

Just let me say. With a 270 hp mild tune, that has a 2650 clutch engagement, I would certainly let you get the jump on a trail ride/race, and you would see a Big power difference in not much time. MILD Tune!

My 998 was still breaking in last year with 5500 miles on it. Gained 200-300 rpms changing nothing! I feel like it has gained even more this season with 7-8k. Strong motors!
Finally a decent winter, so I'm around 3500 miles and I swear this thing is smother and faster than even at 3000 miles. Stock 2018. Also smells a little after stopping...like burnt fumes, gas...whatever, like my old 4 wheeler. Only after stopping. Everything looks fine, and my old apex smells the same..lol.
No more new sled smell!

If your getting beat by any 850's you had something majorly f 'ed up, my Winder is bone stock other than a helix and secondary spring and I can drive away at will. There has been a few longer track Polaris's that have got me out of the hole but with in a couple hundred ft I was blowing by them. From a roll they have zero chance. Maybe you should have left your Winder stock instead of tearing into it from the get go and changing a bunch of stuff. :dunno:

I find it comical how some magazine guys are acting like anti-lag has just been invented. Yes, it is a first on a production sled, but it has been around for a long time. The mighty 1100 Suzuki I think was one of the first to see lots of use for this feature.

I don’t usually jump on the bias bandwagon often but it does sometimes seem like skidoo could take a dump on a set of skis and some of the sled magazines would rave about how innovative it is lol! I think the anti-lag is very cool and everything but it’s such a tiny niche device that the average guy is going to use once or twice to show off and then never touch it again. It’s only going to be practical to real weekend racer types who are heavily setup, chiseled, etc. Of course we have friends like that here on TY but it’s a small niche. I can’t imagine hotdogging around with friends and finding an occasion to use it.

I think that is just a marketing ploy to try and drive up sales

Of course but besides the Z on the side panel not sure what else makes this a Mach Z for one year only. You can get the active suspension and Ace Turbo R engine in other models.

Of course but besides the Z on the side panel not sure what else makes this a Mach Z for one year only. You can get the active suspension and Ace Turbo R engine in other models.

Exactly, the important parts are here to stay. It’s just the “Z” model that may only be out for a year. It’s like if the SRX were only available for one year. You could still get a Sidewinder.

I believe they screwed up with a 1.25" track. The 1" track is the best racer with studs. The SS shocks are nice, but with that you cant change the ECU, which is another draw back and the shocks are a lot of money. The SRX is by far the better deal right now.

The SRX is by far the better deal right now.

Anyone did the bearing maintenance on BRP G4 sleds? Sidewinders seems you need to remove skid just to grease jack shaft bearing? To me the better deal (after upgrading the usual suspect stuff in the Winder) is the time it take for yearly maintenance.

Couple details on the Mach....

Mach finally gets a good track. Love the Rip2(2ply) 1.25 on the Winders. And finally BRP is using this same track on Mach ONLY. ALL other models have only the other traditional track options from Doo. IMO I would have offered a 1" option too, then it would be a better top speed runner like the SRX comes with.

Lowered is great for top speed, Mach is lower then XRS by alot(approx 1.5") and also lower then X and ADR by a bit. But my point of contention with the Mach is the added weight which must be from the Smart-Shox system. 548lb(Mach) vs 531lb(XRS). And the XRS is already heavier by a fair bit over the cheaper models, 524lb(X/Adr).

So Smart-Shox ad weight, they also add a ton of complication(I scrutinized their TECH video 3 times closely) with wires, sensors all around the sled, feeding input every millisecond into the ECU. Simple thing like track swap or skid removal becomes alot more work. And for me more concern comes from how this system will change the ride. Forget transfer or blipping nose off moguls, the system has pitch and roll inputs to IMO 'strangle' the sled, in order to keep it flat. Sure it might be awesome on hi speed trails to keep sled flat, but I feel its gonna be alot like some of today's higher end automobiles, where these suspensions dont allow you to drive like you want. Not sure I want an ECU controlling my sleds handling.

And ofcourse finally...how many issues will arise from this system, from ice buildup to sensor failures ect ect....now you got a code on your dash and need a dealer to get things working again. Take to dealer with a TUNE and all the sudden BUDS shows tune and BRP says no more warranty for you! LOL. Just seems like overkill.

Give me a Mach with Smart-shox as OPTION, so I can UN-tick that option!

XRS is a whopping $3050 cheaper(without prem gauge and smart-shox options), sits taller for mogul mashing so not as fast top speed, nor is the 1.25 ripsaw(single ply) good for top speed due to ballooning. But this seems to make the most sense for many guys. I will say the amount of Mach orders already is astounding. I think it's strictly about the Icon factor for 90% of these guys since its a 1 yr only deal. Several dealers already have over 50 MACHs ordered, that is crazy at this price, BRP is gonna make some cash on these for sure.

I'll admit, I did not for one minute think BRP was giving anything new to 4s crowd, but it seems to me BRP is now fully a 4s manufacturer 1st. Their 850/600 sleds got pretty much zero love in the release for '22. Now that their 900r is their new top dog, it will likely get much better throttle response via new iTC cable system, and should finally get clutching more like their snappy 850s. Would be nice to see a gr/gr QRS spring out of the box so we don't all need to do that right away.

Apologize for all the BRP tech talk over here, but I've been asked by several Winder owners for info and thought this is easiest to get some questions answered here to all who may be considering one.

Dan

Last edited:

Mach finally gets a good track. Love the Rip2(2ply) 1.25 on the Winders. And finally BRP is using this same track on Mach ONLY. ALL other models have only the other traditional track options from Doo. IMO I would have offered a 1" option too, then it would be a better top speed runner like the SRX comes with.

Lowered is great for top speed, Mach is lower then XRS by alot(approx 1.5") and also lower then X and ADR by a bit. But my point of contention with the Mach is the added weight which must be from the Smart-Shox system. 548lb(Mach) vs 531lb(XRS). And the XRS is already heavier by a fair bit over the cheaper models, 524lb(X/Adr).

So Smart-Shox ad weight, they also add a ton of complication(I scrutinized their TECH video 3 times closely) with wires, sensors all around the sled, feeding input every millisecond into the ECU. Simple thing like track swap or skid removal becomes alot more work. And for me more concern comes from how this system will change the ride. Forget transfer or blipping nose off moguls, the system has pitch and roll inputs to IMO 'strangle' the sled, in order to keep it flat. Sure it might be awesome on hi speed trails to keep sled flat, but I feel its gonna be alot like some of today's higher end automobiles, where these suspensions dont allow you to drive like you want. Not sure I want an ECU controlling my sleds handling.

And ofcourse finally...how many issues will arise from this system, from ice buildup to sensor failures ect ect....now you got a code on your dash and need a dealer to get things working again. Take to dealer with a TUNE and all the sudden BUDS shows tune and BRP says no more warranty for you! LOL. Just seems like overkill.

XRS is a whopping $3050 cheaper(without prem gauge and smart-shox options), sits taller for mogul mashing so not as fast top speed, nor is the 1.25 ripsaw(single ply) good for top speed due to ballooning. But this seems to make the most sense for many guys. I will say the amount of Mach orders already is astounding. I think it's strictly about the Icon factor for 90% of these guys since its a 1 yr only deal. Several dealers already have over 50 MACHs ordered, that is crazy at this price, BRP is gonna make some cash on these for sure.

I'll admit, I did not for one minute think BRP was giving anything new to 4s crowd, but it seems to me BRP is now fully a 4s manufacturer 1st. Their 850/600 sleds got pretty much zero love in the release for '22. Now that their 900r is their new top dog, it will likely get much better throttle response via new iTC cable system, and should finally get clutching more like their snappy 850s. Would be nice to see a gr/gr QRS spring out of the box so we don't all need to do that right away.

Apologize for all the BRP tech talk over here, but I've been asked by several Winder owners for info and thought this is easiest to get some questions answered here to all who may be considering one.

Dan
Agreed. I had to trailer a couple Doos to the local dealer to pull codes. Ten minutes or less, $90 thanks very much.
These sleds will be a cash cow for dealers years down the road with electronics issues. The average Joe should pony up for maximum BRP warranty coverage.
One other thing is that Polaris is going to have to get in the TURBO four stroke game.

Dan
I know I saw the mach lowered in their advertising somewhere but the 2022 "Spec sheet" lists the overall height for the Renegades and the mach at the same 49.9 inches.

Agreed. I had to trailer a couple Doos to the local dealer to pull codes. Ten minutes or less, $90 thanks very much.
These sleds will be a cash cow for dealers years down the road with electronics issues. The average Joe should pony up for maximum BRP warranty coverage.
One other thing is that Polaris is going to have to get in the TURBO four stroke game.

I agree 100%. I think POO really needs to get in the 4s game. Have heard rumours of a 130ish HP POO. Guess we will find out on the 1st.

Dan

I know I saw the mach lowered in their advertising somewhere but the 2022 "Spec sheet" lists the overall height for the Renegades and the mach at the same 49.9 inches.
I hear ya, those figures also take into account tall vs low windows ect and historically have shown to be not correct model to model as you saw. So I don't look at those specs. It's more about the front end, to be lower and change/soften the angle of attack for speed.

The PDF specs I have here show front travel being lowest on Mach(9.3") vs X(9.6") vs ADR(9.6") vs XRS(10.4").

I believe the "bumper height" when measured from model to model off a concrete level floor will translate to even more difference between models. I have seen my XRS sitting next to a X or ADR model last yr, and the actual ride height difference is substantial.

Dan

Polaris may re-introduce the Indy Storm with a light weight "180hp" turbo 4 stroke in the Matrix chassis to answer the call, the new 650 is already in the 130hp category, it also could be a 100hp light weight 4 stroke, not sure if we will see a 850 turbo, we will see soon enough, Polaris has been very quite though.

Back