• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Viper LTX-GT Accessories Help

snomonut

VIP Member
Hello All....I took delivery of a 2022 SR Viper in May....didn't want to risk ordering a 2023 and waiting until April 2023 and missing the entire season. I've done a fair amount of research, but haven't really found good answers to accessorizing the sled. I am interested in everyone's thoughts/opinions/experiences with 3 things. Sorry if this information has been discussed ad nauseam previously....

1) Mirrors. I have the stock windshield that has the "dimples" for mounting mirrors. I use mirrors extensively and have for years. Are the windshield mounted mirrors any good?
2) Tank Bags. Again, I've used a tank bag for years....I like them....any reccomendations?
3) Saddlebags / Touring Luggage. I do a couple of saddlebag trips each year and have the old "semi-hard" saddlebags from my 2012 Vector LTX. I'm thinking there must be something I can tunnel mount behind the storage bag that comes standard?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I have a ‘22 Winder LTX GT EPS with factory mirrors and for the 23 miles I was able to ride before the snow melted they seemed fine.
Never had a tank bag so no help there.
I attached
Kimpex Connect tunnel mount system comprising of gas can holder and their
Adventure Tunnel bag.
Bag can be attached either to tunnel or on top of gas can, but, you need to hold down rear of factory tunnel bag to attach gas can directly to tunnel but not if Adventure bag is on the tunnel.
This setup is the only one I have found that is lockable

I have a ‘22 Winder LTX GT EPS with factory mirrors and for the 23 miles I was able to ride before the snow melted they seemed fine.
Never had a tank bag so no help there.
I attached
Kimpex Connect tunnel mount system comprising of gas can holder and their
Adventure Tunnel bag.
Bag can be attached either to tunnel or on top of gas can, but, you need to hold down rear of factory tunnel bag to attach gas can directly to tunnel but not if Adventure bag is on the tunnel.
This setup is the only one I have found that is lockable
Thanks for the reply Yamascotty! I have seen the Kimpex Connect and it looks like a nice system. I'll assume that if I install that, I would need to keep the tunnel bag size that comes standard? I see that Yamaha offers a couple of larger sizes with the tunnel bag as well.

The factory mirrors you are referencing are these?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

1660852751233.png

Yup
Those are my mirrors.
Factory 20” bag I’m sure is absolutely the biggest one compatible with The Kimpex accessories that I have.
I can’t provide a long term review since I took delivery of sled March 31

Adventure tunnel bag seems a bit small so I did a test to see how many days clothing and such.
Easy 3 days worth + still have the factory bag as well

I have these mirrors on the windshield of my 2016 SR Viper STX-DX, and they work great, until your sled ends up on its side (not if, but when). I'm on my second windshield and second set of mirrors due to slow speed tip overs, and my newest windshield is cracked again!
I'm probably going to try handlebar mounted mirrors, or something else that won't wipe out my expensive windshield every time I tip her on her side!
I know what you're thinking: I'll never tip my sled on its side. I thought the same thing, but you'll be surprised by how easily they dump over!
Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I also have the windshield mounted mirrors and like them. I did not care for the looks of handlebar mounted mirrors. I agree with Yamascotty that if you tip it you’ll probably take out the windshield but that hasn’t been a problem for me

My brother in law is my salesman and set me up with Arctic Cat mirrors which were much cheaper
I guess worth looking in to
Can’t see any difference between them

As I stated I can’t give a long term review....
I just now read on website for Kimpex that individual replacement parts for mounting bases are available.
Makes me wonder if failures could be expected.
I’ll be sure to use xtra security like bungee straps and carry my xtra set of bases just in case

I have these mirrors on the windshield of my 2016 SR Viper STX-DX, and they work great, until your sled ends up on its side (not if, but when). I'm on my second windshield and second set of mirrors due to slow speed tip overs, and my newest windshield is cracked again!
I'm probably going to try handlebar mounted mirrors, or something else that won't wipe out my expensive windshield every time I tip her on her side!
I know what you're thinking: I'll never tip my sled on its side. I thought the same thing, but you'll be surprised by how easily they dump over!
Just my two cents.
Thank you YamaSpark....I gotta admit to not having thought about having the sled on it's side....and I haven't had that happen to me in quite some time....but you're right....as soon as I put on the windshield mirrors....it probably will! :)

I also have the windshield mounted mirrors and like them. I did not care for the looks of handlebar mounted mirrors. I agree with Yamascotty that if you tip it you’ll probably take out the windshield but that hasn’t been a problem for me
I had the handlebar mounted mirrors on my Vector....I like the way they worked, but was never a huge fan of how they looked....decisions....decisions... :)

Attachments

• 271304610_10222964065836232_3125117581904841903_n.jpg
    271304610_10222964065836232_3125117581904841903_n.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 92
I had the handlebar mounted mirrors on my Vector....I like the way they worked, but was never a huge fan of how they looked....decisions....decisions... :)
I agree, the windshield mounted mirrors look better then the handlebar mounted ones. But, unfortunately, the windshield ones are just too vulnerable to branch and tip over damage, that's been my experience, anyway!
I'm going to keep looking for a better solution. Please let us know if you if you find something better, and I'll do the same!

I agree, the windshield mounted mirrors look better then the handlebar mounted ones. But, unfortunately, the windshield ones are just too vulnerable to branch and tip over damage, that's been my experience, anyway!
I'm going to keep looking for a better solution. Please let us know if you if you find something better, and I'll do the same!
I was looking thru one of my back-issues of SnowTech last night and saw a Yamaha mirror that was side mounted for the Viper....it was late and I'm at work right now....but I THINK they gave a part number and I'll check it out over the weekend and report back... :)

MIGHT be these.....

Last edited:

Back