• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Viper LTX-GT Accessories Help

I was looking thru one of my back-issues of SnowTech last night and saw a Yamaha mirror that was side mounted for the Viper....it was late and I'm at work right now....but I THINK they gave a part number and I'll check it out over the weekend and report back... :)
I THINK I found the mirrors SnowTech had talked about:

I THINK I found the mirrors SnowTech had talked about:

Thanks for the information. I did some Google research on these telescopic mirrors, but unfortunately, many reviews were negative. I'm also not sure that I would want to drill holes in my hood, plus the mirrors and/or hood may get damaged if the sled is tipped on its side.
I'm leaning towards Ram mount, Double Take Brand Mirrors. Amazon also has other brands of Ram mount mirrors.
https://www.doubletakemirror.com/build/components
I would mount them to something solid, maybe the handlebars, so that nothing gets damaged if they get smacked!

Thanks for the information. I did some Google research on these telescopic mirrors, but unfortunately, many reviews were negative. I'm also not sure that I would want to drill holes in my hood, plus the mirrors and/or hood may get damaged if the sled is tipped on its side.
I'm leaning towards Ram mount, Double Take Brand Mirrors. Amazon also has other brands of Ram mount mirrors.
https://www.doubletakemirror.com/build/components
I would mount them to something solid, maybe the handlebars, so that nothing gets damaged if they get smacked!
Well.....now THAT's an interesting solution! I have a buddy who bought the Yamaha mirrors that mount on the handlebars (same as I had on my '12 Vector), but had to take them to a welder to "extend" them so they would work correctly (I don't remember the exact details there....sorry). But your link seems to have a lot of options that would likely work! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello All....I took delivery of a 2022 SR Viper in May....didn't want to risk ordering a 2023 and waiting until April 2023 and missing the entire season. I've done a fair amount of research, but haven't really found good answers to accessorizing the sled. I am interested in everyone's thoughts/opinions/experiences with 3 things. Sorry if this information has been discussed ad nauseam previously....

1) Mirrors. I have the stock windshield that has the "dimples" for mounting mirrors. I use mirrors extensively and have for years. Are the windshield mounted mirrors any good?
2) Tank Bags. Again, I've used a tank bag for years....I like them....any reccomendations?
3) Saddlebags / Touring Luggage. I do a couple of saddlebag trips each year and have the old "semi-hard" saddlebags from my 2012 Vector LTX. I'm thinking there must be something I can tunnel mount behind the storage bag that comes standard?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I have a set of Brand new hardsided rear mounted touring bags.$350 shipped,for 2012 and newer Yamaha/AC sleds.

On my Cat, the windshield mirrors work great. Good visibility and easy to glance at.

I like the low slung saddle bags for long trips. Keeps the weight low and off the tunnel.

Linq gas can and small bag work great. I rarely use them all at once. Just the small linq bag is ok for a quick overnight.

Will run the exact same setup on my '22 LTX GT Winder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221018-213546~2.png
    Screenshot_20221018-213546~2.png
    560.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20221018-213636~2.png
    Screenshot_20221018-213636~2.png
    864.6 KB · Views: 110
On my Cat, the windshield mirrors work great. Good visibility and easy to glance at.

I like the low slung saddle bags for long trips. Keeps the weight low and off the tunnel.

Linq gas can and small bag work great. I rarely use them all at once. Just the small linq bag is ok for a quick overnight.

Thanks for the reply Weslemkoon! I ordered the windshield mirrors yesterday and I'm still considering my options with "storage". I want to have the sled in front of me (currently in storage) before making additional purchases.

Thanks for the reply Weslemkoon! I ordered the windshield mirrors yesterday and I'm still considering my options with "storage". I want to have the sled in front of me (currently in storage) before making additional purchases.
I did find the Upnorth bracket rubbed the tunnel bag a bit on the 129, but should be good on the 137. Just in case, I had my dealer put on the smaller tunnel bag and I went with the South Simcoe Machine Linq adapter. The gas caddy fits great.

I did find the Upnorth bracket rubbed the tunnel bag a bit on the 129, but should be good on the 137. Just in case, I had my dealer put on the smaller tunnel bag and I went with the South Simcoe Machine Linq adapter. The gas caddy fits great.
....there is a slick shovel setup using the tool adapters on the caddy and then mounting the linq shovel. I'll take this if I'm worried about any areas with deep snow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221019-135454~2.png
    Screenshot_20221019-135454~2.png
    599.5 KB · Views: 101

I noticed that your left hand mirror is at a slightly different angle from the right side....
Just like mine

I have to wonder why

Hello All....I took delivery of a 2022 SR Viper in May....didn't want to risk ordering a 2023 and waiting until April 2023 and missing the entire season. I've done a fair amount of research, but haven't really found good answers to accessorizing the sled. I am interested in everyone's thoughts/opinions/experiences with 3 things. Sorry if this information has been discussed ad nauseam previously....

1) Mirrors. I have the stock windshield that has the "dimples" for mounting mirrors. I use mirrors extensively and have for years. Are the windshield mounted mirrors any good?
2) Tank Bags. Again, I've used a tank bag for years....I like them....any reccomendations?
3) Saddlebags / Touring Luggage. I do a couple of saddlebag trips each year and have the old "semi-hard" saddlebags from my 2012 Vector LTX. I'm thinking there must be something I can tunnel mount behind the storage bag that comes standard?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I too received my '22 in June and happy to have it, $700 cheaper too and nicer colors. I had that mirror kit on my 14 Viper and it was excellent. Ordered the same setup installed on the new one.

Back