• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 srx darting

How much difference do you see in Pilot 5.7 vs 5.7R skis using aggressive ST carbides? Love the aggressive ST on my 5.7s but looking for better cornering in loose snow.

Thats the reason I went to the 5.7R single keel skis with the Snowtrackers, the stock twin keel 5.7 would push too much in the loose snow for my liking. There are conditions the single keel Race ski will still push, but they are a quite a bit better than the twin keel trail ski by a fair margin. The trackers will push in loose snow when it get up to melting temps, so not perfect, but better in all the other conditions. I find single shaper bars to be the best in loose snow on single keel skis, but harder to turn and dart bad in tighter conditions, but shapers are the best for loose snow no doubt.

I ended up putting on a set of 6 inch shaper bars on my styrke skis , and removing the shims putting the 5.0 shim at the back of the ski with the flat shim on the front of the ski , which seem to eliminate the darting in todays condition which are hard packed trails . much happier with this setup .

Rearranging the current shims ( I.e. not needing to purchase additional) ?

I ended up putting on a set of 6 inch shaper bars on my styrke skis , and removing the shims putting the 5.0 shim at the back of the ski with the flat shim on the front of the ski , which seem to eliminate the darting in todays condition which are hard packed trails . much happier with this setup
I think this is they way they are supposed to be delivered to the customer when new regarding the shim set up.

I think this is they way they are supposed to be delivered to the customer when new regarding the shim set up.
That would be part of the PDI assembly and set up?
Or is that assembled in the crate when shipped?

I think this is they way they are supposed to be delivered to the customer when new regarding the shim set
my sled was setup from the dealer with the 5.0 shim in the front 0 in the back ,

Mine was set up ---left ski 5.0 in the back, 0.0 in front
right ski 0.0 in the back, 5.0 in the front
needless to say, I changed them to 5.0 in rear both side.
I have never shimmed a ski tip down, not sure what the result would be?

I ended up putting on a set of 6 inch shaper bars on my styrke skis , and removing the shims putting the 5.0 shim at the back of the ski with the flat shim on the front of the ski , which seem to eliminate the darting in todays condition which are hard packed trails . much happier with this setup .

That'd be amazing if a single carbide didn't dart and hunt. Typically it may be OK in one conditions and then horrible in the next condition with no consistency. Shapers are great carbides in the past except for turning effort and darting. EPS fixes the effort, so the only question will be is it dart free in all conditions?

Mine was set up ---left ski 5.0 in the back, 0.0 in front
right ski 0.0 in the back, 5.0 in the front
needless to say, I changed them to 5.0 in rear both side.
I have never shimmed a ski tip down, not sure what the result would be?

I imagine a lot of darting, and a tendency to turn in harshly depending on how much toe out you run. The more you tip the front down, the more leverage you are allowing the ski to have. (harder to turn, more likely to dart, etc).

Happy you got this sorted. It should not dart with the shims in the correct spot and stock staggered carbides/hardweld.

Stock on EPS Sleds:
0-Front
5.0-Rear

With these sunny days and March afternoon snow gets a bit slushy you could increase to 7.5 in the rear shim for some more rear pressure.

That'd be amazing if a single carbide didn't dart and hunt. Typically it may be OK in one conditions and then horrible in the next condition with no consistency. Shapers are great carbides in the past except for turning effort and darting. EPS fixes the effort, so the only question will be is it dart free in all conditions?
its only dart free when your on fresh snow or a fresh groomed trail , once u get into someone tracks it becomes more challenging to ride , darting or the skis drop into the grove and want to stay there , I'm thinking the keel on the styrke ski is not very aggressive , comparing it to r skidoo and Polaris sleds which have more keel on there skis . ill be trying either the pilot ski or slydog command next

Happy you got this sorted. It should not dart with the shims in the correct spot and stock staggered carbides/hardweld.

Stock on EPS Sleds:
0-Front
5.0-Rear

With these sunny days and March afternoon snow gets a bit slushy you could increase to 7.5 in the rear shim for some more rear pressure.
I will go back and try the staggered carbide runners since I now have the shims corrected . thanks

its only dart free when your on fresh snow or a fresh groomed trail , once u get into someone tracks it becomes more challenging to ride , darting or the skis drop into the grove and want to stay there , I'm thinking the keel on the styrke ski is not very aggressive , comparing it to r skidoo and Polaris sleds which have more keel on there skis . ill be trying either the pilot ski or slydog command next

Kinda how I figured it would be then, So they still need a twin carbide or SnowTrackers to not dart. I'll plan to use my 5.7R Doo skis with Aggressive SnowTrackers then. The stock Styike ski with the stock carbides will be good enough for low or early season snow conditions.

I will go back and try the staggered carbide runners since I now have the shims corrected . thanks

I corrected the shims on my Stryke and it will still dart with the stock carbides. Not the best setup thats for certain, but good enough for low snow or early season use. The stock carbide with the plate at least protects the keel of the ski from wear, but for dart control its not as good as it could/should be. Slim Jims would be a better option for darting certainly, but lets face it, they are not the perfect setup either.

Back