• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

20hp intake mod on a carbed Vec?

Metallicat

TY 4 Stroke God
Screenshot_20230411-224328_Chrome.jpg

Interesting...appears to be a similar setup to what was available back in the day by the likes of ECP Performance for the 4 cylinder carb'd RX-1. I still have and run it on my RX-1.

Really not a bad price even if it only gives half of the advertised claims, because 20hp seems like quite a lot tbh. Never heard of anyone running this on a vector though.

How long has this been available?

Thats interesting. I have a feeling that its BS though. 20hp is a pretty big gain.

I normally lean towards keeping things stock but this doesn't look too risky. Even if it delivers 100% on promise this only makes you competitive with the era's 700's. Still not going to take an Apex or 800 2-smoke. Do you have a buddy on a 600 you need to surprise?

No idea, never heard of this before but someone on here posted a link to their website so I looked around and found the intake mod. Almost tempting, isn't it?
It would be for sure. it seems like a lot of power for what it is, but to be honest, if I still had one i would do it.

I normally lean towards keeping things stock but this doesn't look too risky. Even if it delivers 100% on promise this only makes you competitive with the era's 700's. Still not going to take an Apex or 800 2-smoke. Do you have a buddy on a 600 you

No, I am not at all interested in keeping up with 800s or other 150hp sleds. My Vector holds its own against the current 600 group I ride with. It trumps our 600 VES Edge, 600 cfi IQ, 600 cfi ProRide, and 600 Sabercat. The 600 Sabercat and I top out almost exactly the same, but I tend to jump out 2 sled lengths and just stay there. It is just that the throttle response is so sluggish, it seems like the 600 smokers will run circles around it, but line them up and the Vector takes them all.

My Nytro is quick. No issues keeping up with Polaris 800 or a newer Nytro 1049. Canadian dollar sucks right now but would consider this mod. Its just hard to prove 20hp gain unless it was compared on a legit dyno.

My Nytro is quick. No issues keeping up with Polaris 800 or a newer Nytro 1049. Canadian dollar sucks right now but would consider this mod. Its just hard to prove 20hp gain unless it was compared on a legit dyno.
Exactly, I hope to have legit dyno records from them, until that all is just speculation.

Back