• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2860RS vs 2871

out-front-Y

Extreme
What would the power difference from a 2860rs vs 2871 both with 64
exhaust at 25psi . I know other things come in to play but would like to
get and idea what power. The added flow would get me.

yes ,i would also like to know.i went from a 2560 to a 2860 on my front mount and this made a huge difference in performance with no lag.

i think u would wanna run a .86 housing if your target boost is over 20 psi garret has alot of info on there website u can compare the trim ratios of the turbos and decide for yourself

2860 with .64 housing is a fun fast spooling turbo that will be real good in the low teens and very low 20's boost wise.

A 2871 with the same .64 housing would be good in the 20-30 lbs boost range. With a little lag over the 2860.

.86 housing will give you lag unless you use a stutter/2 step, N2O to spool or you clutch out the lag.

The 2871 will flow more air then the 2860 at the same boost setting which equals more HP at same boost levels. But if you trail ride the sled alot and race a little, the 2860 is the way, and vice versa if you race more then you trail ride a 2871 would be better.

Back