• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

-30 this weekend is frost bit hands in my future?

Apex & xtx

Expert
Just wondering its going to be 30 below this weekend i was wondering if i should take a before and after picture of my passable frost bit hands? just incase there is ever a class action law suit on yamaha handwarmers that work awesome *sarcasm* haha jk anyone else ride they're 09s in this kinda temp yet and came out with all they're fingers? :tg:

That is funny(or not), considering I just got back from about a 30 mile ride (friend polaris temp reading -20) and I still can't feel my fingers. Had to stop about 3-4 times to warm my hands with the exhaust. And get this crap, the warmers are so poor that I had ice stuck to my grips, ya I couldn't believe it. I wish I had taken a picture.

So good luck on your ride and get some of those hand warmer packets to put in your gloves!!

Dustin

There are several posts here with information on how to solve the handwamer problem. It's a relatively simple procedure to install new heaters or controllers that provide greater output so your digits don't freeze. Check 'em out.

do yourself a favor and buy a set of gauntlets. yes they look stupid, but once on the warmers will burn your hand off. i was reluctant to try them , but i did this weekend and will never ride this sled without them....i know this isn t the ultimate solution to yamis problem, but we have to deal with it for now....

i went out for a ride today at -30 c and after 45min i had to go back home because my hands where so dang cold. i was driving 35 kph and my right hand was frozen and my left hand was warm. i know there are things we can do ti fix them but its still bs that yamaha cant.

sled-freak said:
do yourself a favor and buy a set of gauntlets. yes they look stupid, but once on the warmers will burn your hand off. i was reluctant to try them , but i did this weekend and will never ride this sled without them....i know this isn t the ultimate solution to yamis problem, but we have to deal with it for now....

x2 I bought a set of POWERMADD gauntlets and work GREAT! for the colder days, it makes a huge difference and you can actually FEEL the heat! :-o

The POWERMADD'S will only work with hand guards...

You can also get a set of the dumbo ears. I have worn them all year and so far, so good. I am heading up this weekend and it is supposed to be negative temps, so this will be the ultimate test.

arteeex said:
There are several posts here with information on how to solve the handwamer problem. It's a relatively simple procedure to install new heaters or controllers that provide greater output so your digits don't freeze. Check 'em out.

I am pretty disappointed that you posted something without any sarcasm! I am a fan of the humor.

Apex & xtx said:
Just wondering its going to be 30 below this weekend i was wondering if i should take a before and after picture of my passable frost bit hands? just incase there is ever a class action law suit on yamaha handwarmers that work awesome *sarcasm* haha jk anyone else ride they're 09s in this kinda temp yet and came out with all they're fingers? :tg:

I'm heading up to Rangely this weekend. Still wondering if it's a good idea. :brrr:

Seriously, it's easy to get hotter grips. There's the method I described and a few others posted on the site. Pick one you're comfortable implementing and go do the install. It's a lot more fun to ride when you can feel your hands.

Attachments

• HeaterInstall.pdf
    210.8 KB · Views: 391
warm hands

too easy to fix..... 06 original apex bars, so simple people so simple.

Apex & xtx said:

I'll see you on the trails this weekend. I'll be up in Patten. I'll try to wave if I can get my frozen hands off the bars

Ok, Let see, we all paid how much for these sleds? $9,000 + And now we have to modify it just to get heat out of the hand warmers! Come on! Yamaha used to know how to make hand warmers, WHAT HAPPENED? In all my years of snowmobiling I have never had ICE froze to my grips with the warmers on high.

I don't feel that we are the ones who have to step up and take care of this, YAMAHA should be the ones who do. They know that they have a problem but still will not take care of it! :o|

Dustin

Implementing one of the fixes will get your hands warm a lot faster than complaining about Yamaha's failure on this point. The season is short and I'd rather ride.

Back