• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

89a 10, heard they were a good for rx1??? anybody

rxwhopper

TY 4 Stroke Guru
tried 89a 10 setup i got from a frfiend who has a very respectably fast rx, it is 89a 10, 14.5 rollers,ora,silv. oran, primary, 4.5 gram in tip , heel empty,,unfortunatly he was running studs on a shorty, im running a 1 1/4 on a 151, when i hit it it goes to about 10800 then comes down to 103 and pulls good, traction is bad due to lack of snow, i am running a hitech 48-46 withpolaris silv blue spring,anybody have any ideas on getting the initial start to srtay down, i am going to try some weight in the heel and see

89A10

Put 4.5 in the heel and try that. I played with these weights last year and found them a little too light, even fully loaded for my shorty. You may be able to use them with the long track though. They are an excellent weight. I used to use them in my V-Max 4.
I intend to try them with my turbo now that I can use 4 at a time. They are a very good all around weight.

You can go to a primary spring with less preload or add weight to the 1st hole or run a helix with a higher start angle.

I'm useing 89a almost the same as the 89a-10 just one rivet hole. I had to weld 5 grams to the hallowed underside of the ramp to give it enough force to reduce belt slip. The totall weight with 4.5 gram pin filed slightly is 57 grams. They work very well compared to the poor stock ramp.

with bad tracction you are going to over rev,use a gr/sil/gr prim spring and maybe load up the inside hole.
as i mentioned last week we used a very steep angle and ran about 10000 to 10300

i tried the 53-46 helix with the silver spring and it wouldnt pull more than9500 rpm,i think the spinnin there shifted in in to much, with pickes it might not shift out as quick and maybe hold a good shift rpm, not done trying yet

Back