• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A little belt changing help

dburu2

VIP Member
For those that would like a little help changing belts try this. I cut a piece off the end of a 2x4 ,4 inches long ,3/4 of and inch width,lock emergency brake, push back seondary towards motor,stick the piece of wood in between secondary sheaves pointed towards primary this will hold the secondary apart then pull up and take belt off,secondary is still blocked open. slide new belt on and pull block out and put it in your tool box. Hope this helps it sure did me. :rocks:

better yet push the secondary in while pushing down on the belt in the top of the secondary it will wedge itself into the clutch and hold it open untill you slip off the belt no canadian softwood required.

Easier yet, I carry a 12mm wrench in my pocket, use it on one of the three nuts on the secondary turn to tighten and push in. You easily move the sheaves open to release the belt. This works for me ,hope it does for you as well.

Ah the 12mm good idea cause thats the only hard part cooooooool.

F#$% I love this site.

Thats the great part of a site like this there is always someone with a better idea. I'll have to try the 12 mm idea as well. Normally do the shove the belt into the secondary trick but this seems slick.

Attachments

• redattack5.jpg
    redattack5.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 50

Back