• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A Mountain seat for less

Kachess

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I gave up on Boss and paid my upholsterer a visit. For $150 he replaced my holey cover, added 3in in height, and reduced the number of leak prone seams to only two. I can now go from sitting to standing without letting out a groan. Much better on my knees. The vinyl he used on the top is non-slippery and is made for dirt bikes. It took the guy 5hrs so he would probably charge more next time. I did some climbing yesterday and it worked great. Like everything on my sled, it looks a bit funky, but it works great. I hear the Boss seat won't save any serious weight anyway.

Attachments

• 01-26-03 RX1 Mod 010 (Small).jpg
    01-26-03 RX1 Mod 010 (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 263

seats

You 'heard' that the Boss wont save any weight? Have you ever ridden on, lifted, or even seen one? The are top drawer in every way, Lighter, stronger, drier, and dont cave in from knee riding like stockers. You maybe should listen to people that know more about the product before knocking it, or check one out in person. The ONLY problems I have with Boss, are the price, they are getting a little ridiculous, and the RX1 seat is not ready yet.

Wasn't knocking Boss seats. I know they are great and offer alot of advantages. My only problem was I had a ripped seat cover and Boss seats aren't available.

As far as my sled looking weird...sure does. But it's a hell'uva lot more fun to ride than it was 75lbs ago. My choice between a nice looking sled that rides like a tank and disintegrates when it rolls and a weird looking sled that I can boondock anywhere on and highmarks my buddies skidoos is easy. Plus they've been burning up motors right and left. Ill give'ya another WEIRD view of it!

Attachments

• 01-26-03 RX1 Mod 008 (Small).jpg
    01-26-03 RX1 Mod 008 (Small).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 236
you bet

Hey I totally agree, ride is much more important than looks, looks wont get you up and down the trail. Hell I get laughed at in the mountains just for riding a yamaha.

We can get 20 feet in a winter, which usaually settles down to about 8 feet on the level. We are at 2500feet and up above our backyard where we ride is at around 5000 feet and can get twice that. I've got four rides in on the higher seat and it makes a big difference. Going from sitting to standing is effortless and I haven't seen a single drawback yet...except for the looks. I put a 1 inch riser on the bars and it has improved handling while standing. I had been resisting the riser. My kid has put a riser on his Summit800 and although it's great while climbing, getting to the hills on the trail is miserable for him. One inch seems perfect. Rx1 bars are already pretty high and one inch allows me to stand fully erect while not reaching. I'm not a great rider, but I can safely say my sled was going anywhere the 800's went and a few times went higher (the extra ponies). It's a good feeling after a year of being dug out all the time and the butt of all the jokes. I've seen a few mountain rev's in action and am not too impressed. Maybe the guys aren't used to them yet, but they all looked clumsy and were tipping all over the hill. Look Hard to sidehill.

Back