• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A True Exhaust Turnout

rcp1018

Pro
I have a 2013 Apex and I would like to install some turnouts for the exhaust. I know Yamaha sells them but those are really just extensions. I would like to know if the "older" turnouts would fit my 2013.
sma-8ft14-00-00-1.jpg

If not, what have some of you guys done to make your own?
Thanks

Last edited:

Yes you can make your own. I wish I
had a picture. I good friend of mine bought some off eBay and cut them the way he wanted. He has since sold sled but it was something that I have always wanted to do. I certain that it was a fraction of the cost of yamie ones and they looked great. Do you own a tape measure? I'm certain that you can find something.

Just measure your pipes, go on Fleabay and find some chrome ones the right inside diameter to match the outside pipe diameter, cut to length and rivet on.

The first 2 pics are my current sled with a smaller diameter pipe than my Attak had. The bottom picture is the Attak I sold with almost 22,000 miles and the turnouts still looked like new.

20150423_183054 (2).jpg
P1020233.jpg
IMG_1068.JPG

Thanks THKSNOW for the eBay info. They should work.

How did you make out? I need to carry a bag with items in it and was turned off about buying a 11 up Apex.. so was leaning for a Vector which isn't as nice.. ...

How did you make out? I need to carry a bag with items in it and was turned off about buying a 11 up Apex.. so was leaning for a Vector which isn't as nice.. ...

I bought those as well. Nice pieces. I had to cut them down and also cut the stock exhaust tips a bit to get them to sit squarely and look how I wanted. Only had to take the seat, plastics and exhaust end covers off. Left the rest on the sled. I tack welded mine on in 4 spots. Nice and solid. Only thing you cant do is put the inside bolt on the exhaust covers on as there is no way to tighten them (they are in a stupid location regardless IMO) and they can't be installed until the other plastics are on the sled. Hasn't been an issue for me. No issues with my Skinz bag anymore.

I bought those as well. Nice pieces. I had to cut them down and also cut the stock exhaust tips a bit to get them to sit squarely and look how I wanted. Only had to take the seat, plastics and exhaust end covers off. Left the rest on the sled. I tack welded mine on in 4 spots. Nice and solid. Only thing you cant do is put the inside bolt on the exhaust covers on as there is no way to tighten them (they are in a stupid location regardless IMO) and they can't be installed until the other plastics are on the sled. Hasn't been an issue for me. No issues with my Skinz bag anymore.

Thanks..can you take a picture when you have a chance?

The discoloration on my bag was from the stock exhaust exist and is what prompted me to do the tips

Attachments

• 20180207_094442 - Copy_1518020713073_resized.jpg
    20180207_094442 - Copy_1518020713073_resized.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 20180207_094449 - Copy_1518020716362_resized.jpg
    20180207_094449 - Copy_1518020716362_resized.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 317
  • 20180207_094457 - Copy_1518020710295_resized.jpg
    20180207_094457 - Copy_1518020710295_resized.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 314
The discoloration on my bag was from the stock exhaust exist and is what prompted me to do the tips

Thanks... I have the turn outs from Yami on my 07... I carry a portable winch and without the turn outs the bag will melt away. These 2011 up ltx xtx are worry some...with regards to exhaust issues with me.. The winch is wide so I almost would have to take it and put it on one to get an idea if the exhaust tips would work. So I was leaning towards a RS Vector LTX 2012 up or the XTX 1.25 lug... I would love the Apex ..being I have had 3 Attaks now..

Thanks... I have the turn outs from Yami on my 07... I carry a portable winch and without the turn outs the bag will melt away. These 2011 up ltx xtx are worry some...with regards to exhaust issues with me.. The winch is wide so I almost would have to take it and put it on one to get an idea if the exhaust tips would work. So I was leaning towards a RS Vector LTX 2012 up or the XTX 1.25 lug... I would love the Apex ..being I have had 3 Attaks now..

Without seeing your winch setup, I can't make any guarantees, but I would think with the turn outs, you would be good to go. I'm pretty sure the deck area on the XTX is at least as big if not bigger than the one on your Attaks.

Back