• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Adding rebound to iqs sleds

I had my rear spring rebuilt after only 1000 km this winter on a new 22 SRX. The rebound damping did not exist. It would actually not rebound from a bunch of small bumps until it would bottom out on the transfer block. The owner at Accelerated Technology had me sit on the sled and lightly bump the seat with my but until there was no suspension left. Hard to believe. I thought my spring was to stiff as I'm only 135 lbs.. Even the guys following would comment how rough my sled rode. I tried many different settings.

What you are describing is too much rebound damping. This causes the shock to not extend fully and each successive bump packs the shock more until basically there is no suspension left. Too little damping would cause the shock to be 'springy'. This is likely just a faulty shock. Your weight will still have be properly compensated for with, at minimum new springs all around but I am sure John will sort it out for you.

johns got some great videos on suspension setup.

Been watching those videos for the last few years trying to get that extra ounce of performance
Gotta pull my tcat front limiter straps in just a bit

This is another reason why I grease my sled often and in the off season I tear down the rear skid clean and re grease everything.
This includes removing the shafts at all pivot points.
The less friction the better the shocks work and the better the ride is.

That's with a fresh grease.

The problem is the front track shock area touches before the rear wheels. In one of John's videos he shows the rails touching the surface at the same time. I don't think he mentions it but he shows it.

There is little stuff like that in the videos he makes. I'd you pay attention there is lots of info in there. On of them was an stv video with the 900r inside ski lift. He made some adjustments to the front limiter strap and track shock to fix it.

The grease gun sits on top the work bench all winter and gets used weekly so it always has fresh grease.

What you are describing is too much rebound damping. This causes the shock to not extend fully and each successive bump packs the shock more until basically there is no suspension left. Too little damping would cause the shock to be 'springy'. This is likely just a faulty shock. Your weight will still have be properly compensated for with, at minimum new springs all around but I am sure John will sort it out for you.
I meant to say rear shock rebuilt. It would not rebound from a bump in the trail.

Back